Feel a bit bad because I have ordered another band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shenfrey, Apr 12, 2015.

1. shenfrey, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

shenfrey macrumors 68000

The watch I wanted - the SS 42 Link Bracelet - sold out and at the time I couldn't afford it anyway so I went with the SS White sport band instead and managed to get an April delivery and decided I'll get the link bracket another time. However I went into the store today and tried on the link bracelet, and well the heart wants what it wants so I have now ordered it separately.

And well the reason I feel bad is because this means I have spent an additional £78 that I could of avoided had I bit the billet and went with the link bracelet to begin with.

The Mrs has been a little bit encouraging by saying that I can now swap for different events, wouldn't want to take the the link bracelet to the gym with me or to the beach etc, I suppose she has a point but still gutted I'm down an extra £78 lol.

Anyone else ordered 2 bands, it will make me feel a bit better xD

2. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

As long as your not using money that should be used to feed your children, don't feel bad. I got two bands as well, and I'm sure in a couple of months I will get another one.

One of the coolest features of the watch is the quick swappable bands.

If you plan to workout with it at all, you'll want a sports band anyway.

If you aren't using money that should have been spent on actual necessities for you and your family, then just enjoy the ride. Life is short and no one knows how much time any of us have left on this planet.

3. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Enjoy your anticipation! Options are always better and at least you'll have the watch sooner than having ordered it with the link bracelet. Don't worry #

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It didn't sell out. All the link bracelets showed a 4-6 week shipping time at the start of preordering. You would not have gotten a launch day delivery anyway.

5. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Ah. Well I couldn't rely afford it anyway. I didn't get paid in time.

Thanks for your responses guys, feel a bit happier with my decision now!

6. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

I did the exact same thing as you, I am going to see how I like the Sport Band and keep it for exercising etc., but you can always trade/sell it too.

I am sure there will soon be threads in the Marketplace for Buy/Sell/Trade bands as soon as the watches start arriving :)

7. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I wouldnt worry too much. I ordered the 42 mm SS with link and then ordered a white sport band and then after visiting there Apple store, I was quite taken with the Milanese strap so i ordered that as well.

8. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

I did the same thing cause I knew I would keep the white band for sure but needed to wear the link to be sure on that. Fortunately for me, since it was my plan all along; the band is set to arrive only a few days after the watch.

9. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I bought the Space Grey Sport watch with the black band and I plan to buy a white sport band to swap out when I'm in the mood for it. I think it's good to have options and your wife is right, the link bracelet would not be practical for workouts and stuff like that.

10. Mythicstatus2 macrumors regular

This way you get a watch weeks sooner. I think that is worth something.

11. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I have far greater self-control than you. You should be ashamed.

I bought the SS with white sports band. And left it at that.

And then I saw the reviews that people were posting.

So I ordered a blue leather loop. Then, ten minutes later, I ordered a Milanese loop.

So, no, I did not order an extra band. I ordered two.

I'm out of control. Somebody stop me.

12. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

"Daddy, daddy, I'm so hungry ..."

"Here's some free crackers I took from a salad bar, while you're enjoying those, check out my blue sport band!"

13. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Similar here. Bought stainless with classic buckle at 3am EST with April delivery. Will almost certainly buy a link bracelet when they become readily available.

Then 5 minutes later, I ordered a black sport band. Just in case (don't want the leather to get sweaty if I decide to use it for fitness).

14. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

CharlieCat666

The link bracelet is a very expensive band.
    Part of the reason to even OWN an Apple Watch is for personal fitness tracking.
    I think that the money spent on the extra band is perfectly justified seeing as you'll have a "beater" band to wear for these kinds of activities so that you won't get sweat/grime/whatever on/in you're $450 dollar link bracelet.

Oh, and I ordered a Milanese 42mm with an extra white sport band on the side (I absolutely fell in love with the sport bands at my try on).