Feel like exchanging 32GB ipad to 16gb ipad 3g

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vijayvasa, Jun 8, 2010.

1. vijayvasa macrumors member

Hi Guys,

Am sure people will come up with some comments about this , but am not using ipad for movies , and have filled up with a lot of photos and apps etc and still dint reached even 4 GB.

So, was just thinking to get rid of 3g 32GB Ipad for a 16gb 3g ipad. Do you people think am right ? The reason is i dont own a gadget for a long time , i anyhow will sell it in 6 months time for a new revision of ipad anyway.

And with regards to apple case, i wanted to give it back as its getting dirty easily.

Am I right in thinking to give it back and exchange for smaller storage one ?

VJ

2. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Apple doesn't do exchanges; you can return within 14 days for restocking fee,amount of which is shown on your receipt.

sometimes a store will let you do an exchange, but don't count on it.

4. huskerchad macrumors regular

Unless you can literally exchange for the price difference (no restocking fee), I wouldn't. You are planning to sell it anyway. Selling twice isn't going to put you ahead financially. Just learn your lesson about your disk use/storage needs and apply that knowledge to your next purchase.

5. kaelell macrumors 6502

Hey I agree with you on all accounts.

I went 16GB / 3G knowing I would consider the next revision & accepting that
    a) I still keep Music on my Iphone which is the main thing that takes up space
    b) even with a nice collection of apps , they only push 1.5GB there are not many apps that are greater then 50mb, only a few worthwhile ones at the 500mb mark.
    c) Movies can just be rationed , rather then put everything on, put a selection on this is probably the main source of space being used.

& the case really does get dirty !

6. vijayvasa thread starter macrumors member

Called apple and they would take back only via courier only and to get 16gb model I need to order again , that means will be a delay of 10 days to get the iPad in my hands. Hmmm thought I could simply give back at apple.

Not sure what to do now ???

Vj

7. gillybean macrumors 6502a

3g is good, but so is 32gb (if you ever take a plane trip you'll probably want to load a movie on it). You should just upgrade to the 64gb 3g model. :apple:

8. mrfrosty macrumors 6502

I'd like to go the other way 16Gb 3G to a 32Gb Wifi

9. Mrrikki macrumors regular

No re stock fee in the UK :) one good thing we have lol

10. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Seems like a lot of hassle if you are going to sell it anyway. The resale value will be higher for the 32GB just like nobody wanted the original 4 GB iPhone. As far as the case goes I will be shocked if Apple takes that back, especially if it is really dirty. They will probably insist that their is something wrong with it and only repace it at best. For many of the same reasons stores usually won't give you a cash refund for underwear you have worn for a week.

11. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

correct me if I am wrong.. but the difference is only $100 between the 2 devices, right?

That's how i got stuck with the 64gb, cuz i was like.. "ehhh if I'm spending 600, why not spend $800?" lol. 0% for 12 months FOR THE WIN