Feeling a little guilty

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by the2j, Sep 5, 2009.

1. the2j macrumors member

the2j

Hey there,
    Last night I sold a 2009 mac mini (base model paid $550) that I upgraded with the 320gig HDD out of my MBP and 2gig of ram that I bought on craigslist for $15 bucks.
    I sold it for $750 since it had the same specs as the one Apple sells for $799.99+tax. I bought it in May and it was in pristine condition and it OS 10.6 on it, so he got a great machine.
    Anyways, should I feel guilty that I actually made money on a computer that I have used for the last few months and do you feel that he paid a fair price?

thanks.

2. Andy348 macrumors 6502

Why should you feel guilty? You saved the guy 50 bucks + taxes so he got a good deal and you really just spent $575 and got use out of a machine, then made 200 on it.

I think you made a great deal (hahaha like the TV show :p)

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think you made a good deal and didn't screw over the buyer. You shouldn't feel guilty.

4. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Well the guy still saved money on a good machine... so it's all good for the both of you. ;)

5. snberk103 macrumors 603

You made a fair return on the time you spent, and your knowledge on how to do the upgrades. The buyer saved money by not having to pay a shop to do the same things. If you didn't misrepresent the machine, then you are fine. Enjoy your profits.

6. the2j thread starter macrumors member

the2j

Thanks guys !

He shouldn't have any trouble with apple care since I used apple ram and an apple HDD right ? I didn't break anything while I was in there.