Feeling post 2015 MBPs like clones

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hajime, Oct 16, 2017.

1. hajime macrumors 603

As a long term Apple customer since the Apple II, the biggest mistake I made is not to buy the 2015 version. At that time, I was waiting for the next update and also the Surface Pro 5. After 2015, the MBPs made by Apple are not my cup of tea. For example, the keyboard, lack of ports, requirements to get lots of adapters which could lead to heavier total weights, no glowing Apple. It is like the post 2015 MBPS are less than desirable clones that another company is trying to sell using the old Apple's brand.

2. Mr. Dee macrumors 68000

Mr. Dee

The new models are unusually polarizing, from the day they got into customers hands, from battery life to display and keyboard issues, its been negativity. Apple really blundered this one and they really could have just remained on path small improvements, mostly internal.

The 2015 chassis was fine. All they had to do was add a couple USB C ports and leave what was already working.

3. leman macrumors G3

Ok, thanks for your opinion. What now though. How do you expect people to reply to your post? There is no question/suggestion/proposition or any other obvious starter for a discussion.

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 603

Actually I saw Steve talking to me in my dream last night.

5. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Not to mention that the one and only remaining type of port is not without problems. For me, the USB-C-only design, far from solving any problems, seems to only be creating issues at this point. Most importantly, the omission of the ingeniously engineered and immensely useful Magsafe connector is simply unforgivable.