feeling remorse about 15 inch classic

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by isephmusic, Jun 12, 2013.

1. isephmusic macrumors 6502

i wanted to buy my first macbook earlier this year and now i feel bad about dropping 1.7k on a laptop with no retina screen. its 15inch i7 500gb hard drive. the macbooks screen is nice regarless but i hate seeing pixels at all with that 1400x900 res . the battery life is good not amazing however. should i try to sell on amazon or something and wait for haswell ? i feel my macbook is so heavy and not portable that i now need a tablet or more mobile computing .

i basically have 2 needs. on the go surfing and light gaming / photoshop ect.

2. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

Come on, are you joking? If not, then it is a good occasion to start exercising and eat more carbohydrates instead of white sugars... ;)

3. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

White sugar IS a carbohydrate.

4. B... macrumors 68000

B...

Came here to post that too.

5. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

True, but so is dietary fiber, technically speaking.

6. isephmusic thread starter macrumors 6502

haha by itself its not heavy ! i DJ on the weekends so to lug it around with all the other cables and mixers is a pain ! my friend has an ultrabook that fits in a sleave no problem. but i had to be stubborn and get a mac D; i like it i really do i just am not sure why i dont feel its worth the thousand 700 i paid. after a few programs its already not that quick on start up !

7. B... macrumors 68000

B...

Put an SSD in it and it will start up way faster.

8. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

Sorry for confusion. I meant carbohydrates found in wholegrain (complex) instead of white refined sugar (simple). The combustion is different since the complex carbohydrates are long-lasting...

9. sarakn macrumors 6502a

sarakn

Not at all. Fiber is fiber and carbs are carbs. That's like saying fat is protein - 2 different things.

10. sick z33 macrumors 6502

11. InlawBiker macrumors 6502

You bought the right computer, just use it. You want to replace it because you can see some pixels? Please. Install an SSD and more RAM yourself, it's easy.

Every time a new Mac is released I look at my MBP and think of several good reasons to sell it and start over. Then I realize - it does everything I want at screaming speed! Typing from my quad-core i7 2011 MBP.

12. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Fibers are chemically a form of complex carbohydrate, except that the chemical bonds are not able to be broken by human digestive enzymes thus making them indigestible. More like diesel vs. gasoline, if you need an analogy, though that one still has flaws.

13. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

As you stated, the fibers have virtually no nourishing value and are indigestible. However they act as an intestinal broom needed for cleansing the colon.

14. devilcm3 macrumors 6502a

excuse me? :confused:

is this mac forums? must have went into a nutritionist forums...sorry

15. jmcube macrumors member

I am also thinking of getting a classic 15inch.

I currently have an MBA 2011. It is great for travel, but I need more power and a bigger screen while working and not travelling.

I was thinking about the MBA 2013, it gives a bit more power but not a lot, and the screen is still small. I could get an MBA 2013 + big screen... but I am thinking instead to get a cMBP15. This has plenty of power (and has a bigger screen than the MBA), and then I can spread out the cost by getting the SSD and a bigger screen later.

The bad thing is that it isn't really mobile, but I have the MBA 2011 for mobile.

I am suspicious you don't like the missing SSD... but that can be addressed.

Jon

16. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Sorry, can't resist a good tangent now and then.

17. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

Lol. There is an analogy between apple products and fibers. They are necessary, indigestible, and sweep your bank account... :D

18. MaulRx Suspended

Ounce for ounce the MacBook Pro is still the best all around choice Apple offers comparing what you get to what you pay. You can pay a huge premium now to get the next big thing like retina or wait awhile, pay a little more and get a whole brand new machine when that new feature becomes the norm. Think about it, has there been any change to any brand laptop in eons that was truly a must have? I can't think of anything since wifi.

19. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

I think that retina technology, provided by LG and Samsung displays, would be the norm whenever the embedded GPUs from Intel or AMD could handle them natively without any further assisted complex routines from the operating system...

My 2cents.

20. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

It would a lot cheaper to buy an iPad for on the go surfing. I travel with my MBP but rarely take it out of where I'm staying/working. That's what I use the iPad for. The screen resolution is fine for my photo needs. The speed in great now that I've installed a SSD. I'm over 60 and I think my 15" is not heavy at all. My old 17" was a little heavier than I liked.

21. mankymanning macrumors regular

I would put the Retina screen in that must have category. But then it is a personal preference thing. I have a friend who can't tell the difference between Retina and non-Retina on an iPad. I think he must be blind.

22. makaveli559m macrumors 6502

If you want I ll trade you my 2010 MacBook Pro :) Mine is an i5 with good battery life. This is the lightest weight notebook I have had. The 1400x900 I have still looks great.

23. tillsbury macrumors 65816

If you don't like it, sell it. As soon as possible, to get the maximum return. Buy what you want so you're happy when you're using it.

24. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

This. If every time you use the cMBP it will give you stress and remorse then simply sell it. But do it soon before it loses more value.