Feeling Ripped- Burning DVD's

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cps-sound, Oct 23, 2012.

1. cps-sound macrumors newbie

In this world, not everyone can win American Idol, but not everyone even wants to..
    Some of us would like to actually be an artist and sell Blu-Ray discs of our work -- even if we can only sell tens or hundreds of copies..

I feel totally "hosed" by Apple. I was asleep at the switch because I didn't even realize that they had DROPPED DVD studio pro.
    and I was certain that I could simply order my Blu Ray from the Apple store-- (but I didn't check).. instead I read " the future of post production " on the final cut page and never really looked until recently.

How can they say the DVD or Blu-Ray is dead? WHEN EVERY GOOD MOVIE GOES STRAIGHT TO BLU-RAY for RENTAL or Purchase from Best Buy?? what a CROCK!

Do I have to buy Adobe? Do I have to buy Avid? I feel like I paid a premium for my Apple hard-ware as I can get virtually the same chip set for 1/3 the price and run Avid on it.

What do I need to do?
    I really would like to upgrade to Final Cut X. I know I can buy a Samsung BDR (even though it's a pain to find one locally).

I just can't seem to find software that is "like" DVD Studio Pro for burning Blu-Ray discs.

This is a mission critical problem. If I can't do this? I will permanently switch away from Apple. How can they say that Blu-Ray is dead when HOLLYWOOD IS PRINTING THEM BY THE MILLIONS????

this is the biggest example of a monopoly I have ever seen. Climb up into the attic and pull up the ladder behind you.. its garbage. Hollywood is cranking out a lot of re-runs and bad acting.. its no wonder they won't let anybody compete-- yet that is ONLY how Apple feels. because Adobe, and Avid will allow you to PUBLISH on the pc... (or with a mac equipped with after-market parts)..

THIS IS A HUGE mistake in my opinion. Burning Blu-Ray's has become MISSION CRITICAL to my plan for success... I MUST be able to print them. I have YEARS of footage in HD saved up captured with L-Series lenses and incredible audio.. its time to print.

and to top it off, I am prepared to do my own screen printing for the actual discs.. I really am ready to do this the right way and now I find there is collusion and monopolization.. Don't tell me that PIXAR MOVIES AREN'T COMING OUT ON BLU RAY?? what a joke.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine