Feels heavier

Dtp8513

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
I sold my iPad 2 a few weeks ago, so maybe I forgot about the weight, but it definately feels a bit heavier to me. Retina display is great though!

Dtp8513

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
maybe i should have been more specific, i love it- it was just a comment that I didnt realize i'd be able to feel the tiny extra weight added. just noting that it made a difference! everyone can relax now

FlameofAnor

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
It feels heavier because it is heavier.
Amazing how that works. ;)

I had the original iPad 64GB 3G model, so it doesn't feel heavy to me. The thinner profile and flat back are more comfortable to hold. I'm loving the upgrade...... amazing screen, decent camera (unlike the iPad 2), and very speedy. Well worth the wait. :)

petvas

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
Yes it is heavier but after a while you get used to it. I wish Apple makes next years iPad lighter, under 550 grams would be perfect. Despite that I love the new iPad and the display :) I prefer having this display and don't mind the extra weight that much..

xraydoc

macrumors demi-god
Oct 9, 2005
maybe i should have been more specific, i love it- it was just a comment that I didnt realize i'd be able to feel the tiny extra weight added. just noting that it made a difference! everyone can relax now
Thank you. I was filled with anxiety up to this point. :rolleyes: