iPad "Feels like holding a screen only" early reviews - Not true

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Oct 23, 2014.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I heard this with early reviews so I will add my piece and say not true. I upgraded from the air 1 and it feels no different, the space grey is the same not a lighter colour like the iphone either. The weight feels similar and holding it feels like holding the iPad Air 1 it may be slightly thinner but barely notiable.

How do i know? Well it fits my iPad Air 1 case which has plastic inlays. It would require a paper thin battery to feel like a screen only.

So over all I have to say if your worried it's too thin then don't. It's much like the form factor of the first iPad Air. The loss of bezel space annoyed me more upgrading from ipad 3 last time. This time it's very similar since I upgraded from the first one.

2. Motawa macrumors 6502

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Perhaps some other people may disagree and say it feels much lighter and thinner than the last air but I don't agree.

----------

The 2GB of ram is over rated too because there's no split screen multi tasking. For general use there's nothing different about this to the last A7 in the IPad Air. Yes ipad 2 feels more sluggish in IOS8 but my point is the iPad Air 1 is still an incredible tablet so anybody who skips the Air 2 shouldn't feel too disappointed.

4. ipadlvr macrumors regular

How's the light bleed?

5. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Another point is the screen indoors looks no different to the air. It's Defo not like the iphone 6 im afraid to say. No retina HD maybe next year? I will reserve my opinion on it properly until I try it under some sun light.

6. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I think you can return it. Remember you do have the option to wait for it to arrive in the store and look at them in person first.

7. FranksWildYears macrumors regular

It's a lot less reflective, even indoors if you have any sort of light source. Not to mention how much closer the display feels; the first gen looks like it's buried under the glass next to its successor.

I also find it very noticeably thinner, but then I have been able to do a direct comparison - I didn't sell my first Air before doing so.

The 2GB RAM makes a massive difference in Safari, though it would be premature for me to say I've noticed change anywhere else at this stage.

8. Closingracer macrumors 68020

It is thinner then the iPad Air and noticeable as well . Also the vibrating feature you get when you play music confirms it