Feet for Macbook Pro 17 (2007 non-unibody)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DangerousDave2k, Sep 23, 2016.

1. DangerousDave2k macrumors member

Hi all,

Does anybody know where you can get feet for the non-unibody Macbook Pro 17 from 2007? Ebay is awash with feet for the unibody Macbook Pros, but I can't find any for the older ones.

Failing that, does anybody know the dimensions of the original feet, so I can pursue a reasonable match?

Thanks in advance.

2. DangerousDave2k thread starter macrumors member

Are the feet for the Powerbook the same as for the Macbook Pro?

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Those should be the correct feet. The bottom case for the later PowerBooks and the early MacBook Pro is very similar. The feet certainly would be interchangeable.
    Anyway, the correct number to search for those feet is Apple's part number 076-1064
    You may need to search some more, as the link in the post #2 takes you to the correct part, but shows that it is out of stock (common problem when searching for older Apple parts :D )
    There is a link on that order page to chat with the company. They may give better info about availability.

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Yes, nothing wrong with your link, but shows that part as "Out of Stock" when you try to choose the MBPro model.

So, I was then pointing out that you can often find links to parts info pages.
    Finding a site that actually has a part to ship is not always simple.
    My plan is usually to start with the original Apple part number, which is 076-1064 for those feet.
    Search for that, which will give the OP multiple possibilities. Just have to find an In Stock site :)