Fellow Canadians! Bell or Rogers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macdaddy1991, Jul 16, 2010.

1. macdaddy1991 macrumors member

okay so i'll be getting the new iphone come july 30th like many of you but there's one last thing i need to settle. Bell or Rogers? I used to have Bell but when i went off to university last year to guelph the reception was absolutely horrible there so i had to make the switch to rogers. Does anyone know if the service in guelph has gotten better? Thanks for the help!
    Normally i'd ask my friends but they all have rogers cause that's all that worked there for the longest time :p

2. DARKiLLUSiON macrumors 6502

Neither if you can.. go with Fido(under Robbers but not as bad)
    and Bell...errr extremely bad customer service and suppose to have a good reception or they said but really. It's bad but then again I don't live in Guelph so it may be better there.

3. King Luis macrumors 6502

i've been with fido forever. never had any problems with them and i love that i can switch my plan around when i want.
    rogers and bell to me are too much like a big business where they like dealing with companies than the regular consumer.
    fido seems to deal with the regular consumer than companies. the only problem with fido i had was when i first joined. my bills kept on overlapping and gaining interest or something so after 3 months they fixed the problem and gave me 6 months free everything. i quite enjoyed that. oh, another problem i had was getting my iphone 3g. delivery guy stole mine when i waited the 2 weeks to get it but they said sorry, sent me another one and gave me a month free everything again.

4. draz macrumors 6502a

Depends on where you live and where you use the phone the most. If you are in an urban area then they are all the same, great coverage no matter where. If you are in a rural area then that is where one company is better than another. Not sure about the coverage in Guelph sorry =(

But you really have 2 choices of networks:
    Bell & Telus... and all their related companies: Virgin Mobile, Koodo
    Rogers.... and their Fido

You should look at the plans and see what each of those companies offer and what works for you. You might get a great signal on Bell, Telus, Virgin Mobile, and Koodo. But have a fail coverage on Rogers and Fido or the other way around.

and I like Rogers since I've been with them for years....

5. macdaddy1991 thread starter macrumors member

well rogers has good coverage in guelph but bell/telus failed before. I do know that bell/telus expanded there network with their new 3G one in november but i'm not sure how it's working in guelph. I did hear that they put up a couple new towers in guelph tho so I dont know. If i go with say bell and it turns out the coverage still sucks what are my options?

6. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Go with Rogers. I know a lot of people have problems with them, but a lot of people don't have problems with them either.

Their customer service although sometimes under-informed is always prompt and courteous, and seems to be willing to bend over backwards to keep me a customer (15$ discount/per month? Thanks!)

Worse comes to worse, you have 15 days to try Rogers and if you hate it that bad you can go to Bell. Honestly, Bell lacks behind and so does Telus.

7. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

I'm currently with Rogers and I hate it. The service in my area is spotty and the customer service is terrible. My friends have told me Telus coverage is excellent, and their network is currently faster than Rogers/Fido.

As far as customer service goes, we have internet/home phone with Telus and the customer service has always been excellent, a far cry from Rogers.

8. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

The issue is that you live on the west coast. Rogers rules in the east (ON and QC)

9. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Actually, that's very true, that might be the issue. Telus is, after all, a BC/Albertan company so it makes sense that the coverage is better here.

But I've still found that the customer service with Telus is excellent, and the plans (in my opinion) are very good.

10. HommePomme macrumors member

Ontario is Rogers for sure, they actually have a great network and really fast customer service. I have heard not so great things in other parts of canada though with regards to coverage...