Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoGoSamGo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
I used to post shorts on here before that I used to make, but then I took a nice long break, but now I'm back with two new ones. I'm really want to hear advice from you pros out there on how they are and what our crew should work on. I finally made a YouTube with our videos, but I was only able to add our two newest ones since I made a directors account and you can't post anything that breaches someone else's copyright, and most of our older videos used some music that wasn't ours :-/. Well please let me know what you think guys! Thanks!

http://www.YouTube.com/TheIgnitedYouth

GoGoSamGo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
No, this is a "we're bored, let's make a short" project. All of them took little pre-production, we just made the idea during shooting. Shooting for both took about an hour and a half, and editing took around 3 hours. So both were created in a day. Even though they were filmed with our Cannon Xh-A1, and video quality looks great while editing and watching it as a quicktime file, as soon as we imported it into youtube, it made the quality look like crap.

mikeyPotg

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2006
I liked a lot of the shot selection in the Chase, especially the shot and pan from inside the car. I tell my students (high school) to try and diversify their shots and angles, especially for fast paced scenes. Most of them, especially when they first start out, just setup a camera and shoot an entire scene without getting any cutaway shots.

I thought the God, Wheres My Car? was clever!

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Not bad.

One thing you could do to make The Chase a bit better: some of the shots were a little bit long, if you were to make some of the longer shots a little bit shorter and add some more quick ones in there, it would probably make the chase seem faster.

GoGoSamGo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
zioxide: Thanks for the comment. Trust me I'm on the same page as you, I really wanted a lot more shots to edit The Chase video, but with the short time we had to film our shots were limited to the ones we had. Even the God, Where's My Car video we were limited AGAIN, that's why a lot of the cuts were kind of bad, and the speeches were a little dragged out, but hey you learn from your mistakes :-/

mikeyPotg: Thanks for the kind words man! Ya the camera girl we have loves trying a variety of different shots, and even though it looks like we had quite a bit, like I was telling zioxide, I wish we had more. Glad to hear some positive words from a film teacher :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.