fellow iPhone Users, Will you help? its time for ATT to FIX the viewmymessage site

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phoneharry, Feb 9, 2009.

1. phoneharry macrumors newbie

fellow iPhone Users, Will you help? its time for ATT to FIX the viewmymessage site

Its February 2009 - I think we iphone users have been more than patient with how ATT has been treating us on the topic of MMS sent to our cell numbers.

A little combined effort should go along way if I can get YOU to help out. it worked in the first week of November, lets see if we can do a little of that in the 2nd week of Feb.

Send this email to ATT - or something like it. And no I dont have any specific address to mail this to. You will need to login your ATT account and pick out whatever from the contact us webform.

Dear viewmymessage.com site Manager,

Correct me if I am wrong, but a MMS message sent to me IS MY PROPERTY. Right? I may or may not have the right to redistribute, publish, etc. BUT what MMS is sent to my number is MY PROPERTY.

On this axiom of the customers property, I request from ATT all the MMS photos and videos that have been sent to my number while under the iphone data plan be forwarded to my email address on file with this account.

Users are unable to save, download, forward any photo or video which is presented on viewmymessage.com. I therefore have no method provided to me to keep the photos sent to me.

I beleive this current situation goes beyond poor service and into stepping on my rights.

Sincerely
    iphone data plan owner ​

So I hope I can get some of your iphone owners to do a little copy and paste and click of the send......

Ph

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You'd be surprised what you actually own. A lot of it could very well not be your "property".

For example, within the first 30 days of your contract, your iPhone is not your property.

3. phoneharry thread starter macrumors newbie

fyi - apple.com removed this posting from the users forum on the iphone.

If you wondering what Mr Chenney is doing for work these days - I think we just found out...........................

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I've already done this...3x. IMO, although true, your above letter seems a little over-the-top. A more toned-down, rational letter would probably work more for your cause. But, I agree, writing these letters to AT&T is likely the way to go.

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I'm not surprised by this behavior. MMS on the iPhone is very poorly done. Instead of trying to hide this fact, they should be trying to improve it.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Of course they did. It is a private forum and they have the ability to choose what stays posted and what does not.

We delete threads whose purpose is to obtain illegal software or assist physical theft, as well as advertising.

7. phoneharry thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm surprised a drunk chick CANNOT say "hey I was drunk" and get out of a DUI but she CAN say "hey I was drunk" and get a (drunk)guy put in jail.

I am surprised that a drunk guy is always the villian however only sometimes a drunk chick is the villian.

I'm surprised that GW got re-elected.

I'm surprised that there is still such thing as Alimony. (thats NOT child support - save yur typing)

When it comes to is MMS sent to my iphone - is that my property or not - I cant envision an arguement that keeps that from being a legal issue that will far and away top any expense fixing the problem would cost.

The lawyers can fight it, but not in a day. Nor a week. The programmers however CAN fix this in a week or two.

Hence a call for an email campaign from fellow iphone owners.

8. phoneharry thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont see where the of course part comes into play. Its a private forum therefore they censor. ??

And is there a Public forum you know of? If that is characterized as a private forum, what constitutes a public forum?

and more importantly, why would any person who does not work for apple or ATT think its OK to silence a posting like that?? You can disagree with it, but remove it?

9. phoneharry thread starter macrumors newbie

you might be right about it being over the top when you are speaking to the distinguished gray hairs of the board.

But getting the attention and maybe even the action of the rank and file iphone user - well this sort of issue just might sound as the gospel.

10. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

But these e-mails probably go to some 20 year-old guy who probably hates his job. I just would want him to get all offended and "accidently" delete your letter.

The times I tried to do this, I usually just get a very polite letter apologizing for the shitiness of their site.

11. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

All forums are private forums they are just open to the public. You must abide by their rules weather it infringes on your natural rights or not.

With that said I can't get MMS through viewmywhatevertheheckitis.com they turned off MMS on my account. The email work around is much easier imo.

12. jlwillia macrumors regular

Yeah dude, this letter sounds like it was written by a 2nd grade student who got in trouble for sniffing glue and couldn't go outside for recess. Don't personally attack anyone or make "requests". Ask politely, set forth your argument, and make the reader understand your logic. If the reader understands your logic and is not offended by personal attacks, he/she will be much more likely to agree with you and try to do something about it.

Persuasion truly is an art. This letter needs to be much more artistic.