Fenway Park: best seats under 150$ a piece.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by brendanryder, Jul 30, 2008.

1. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

so me and my mom are traveling to Boston August 12-16 to watch some games and visit some relatives. i was put in charge of buying 2 tickets for the game on thursday night and friday night. i will be purchasing the tickets through stubhub.com
    i have never been to Fenway so i have no idea where to sit. and since i don have 1200 for box seats i have to sit somewhere else haha.

so, where the best place to sit where its less than 150$ per ticket(referring to stubhub.com )

Thanks.
    Go Red Sox.

2. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

i would try somewhere around the lower 3rd base grandstands. thats where my season tickets are. ill be at sundays game:D
    retail on my tickets are 40 but expect to pay a lot more through stub hub

Edit: here are my seats

Attached Files:

3. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I was in Boston about a month ago, and stopped by Fenway to catch a game. Scalpers were looking for about $90 per ticket for a pair. It was too rich for my blood, and I don't really remember where the tickets were, but there's one data point for you.

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Depending on the opponent, $150 a ticket might not get you much more than the grandstand. It's totally ridiculous. 3rd base side is a good suggestion.

Not to digress too much, but as a Boston resident and Sox fan, I'm so upset about the ownership's decision to stick with Fenway Park. Sure, it's old and historic, but it's dirty, uncomfortable, has lots of obstructed views, and most importantly, it's so damn small you can't get tickets. Give me a park I can actually go to!

5. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

What? $150??? When I lived in Boston in the early 70s we could go to a game, ride the train, eat anything we wanted for about $35.
    I had no idea.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You had no idea we don't live in the 70's any more? :)
    What did you pay for gas back then?
    I remember gas at 20¢ in the 70's.

Houses?
    Cars?

Yep, its not the 70's any more! ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

blasphemy :eek:

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

lies.

9. fotografica macrumors 68040

Texas and Toronto are in town those days. Shouldn't be a problem getting decent seats. Game tickets always go on craigslist too the day of the game if you're really in a pinch. Can't really go wrong with grandstand seats on either side of the field...

Best ownership this team has ever had,imo. They've done more improvements to Fenway than all previous ownerships combined. Considering what was here before them (Yawkee Trust/Dan Duquette),I'll take the current group.And building a stadium in Boston isn't that easy.Just ask Frank McCourt. He wanted to build a stadium on land he owns (he owns a lot of the South Boston waterfront) and he ran into Tom Finneran and the state legislature. He ended up buying the Dodgers instead..You've got a better shot at seeing Britney Spears,drop 20lbs,resurrect her career and win parent of the year than you do at ever seeing a new ballpark in Boston...

10. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

so is anybody else going to tomorrows game????:D:D:D

11. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I haven't been to Fenway, or any other baseball park, in so long I had no idea.
    Back when I was pumping gas into my first car back in 1977, I could dial the highest premium Sunoco gas for 78 cents.

12. fotografica macrumors 68040

Parking alone around Fenway is $40 and up.Closer you get,more $$ it is. Private lots charge whatever they want and vary from game to game (ie,Yankees games are more.go figure)....

13. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

walk and take the T, and if i am not mistaken parking is free on sundays

14. brendanryder thread starter macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

ya ive realized that. i spent 412$ for 2 tickets in section 1AA row 4.

ya if worst comes to worst i can always met some scalper haha.

thanks god the hotel we booked is only blocks away!

15. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

If you don't mind walking (5-10min) a bit the pru garage has sox parking for 15 bucks. Plus its right across the street from the new flagship apple store.

Or you can take the T for $1.70 ;)

16. fotografica macrumors 68040

I know that..I was pointing out to the above poster who's reminiscing about 70's prices just how expensive it is to go to a ballgame..I always take the Green line when I go to Fenway ;)
    Even getting two free tickets to a game a few weeks ago,I still spent a couple hundred bucks for the nite,lol....

17. brendanryder thread starter macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

18. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Have fun. I've only been to one Red Sox game and it was a blast. Too bad Manny won't be there (my opinion)...it was great when he hit one over the monster and the crowd just erupted. Anyways, I sat in the 97 pink area on the map a few posts up. Not sure how much the tickets were though. Pretty good seats.

19. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Fenway is definitely in my top 5 stadiums I have to get to soon. A few others I had to hurry to, but even at it's age I doubt it is going anywhere soon, much like Wrigley.

Have fun!

20. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I was there for his last home run in a Sox uniform (career #510) off K-Rod on 7/28. He put it in the monster seats in left-center.

21. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

any seat at fenway is decent in IMO b/c its such a small park. Definitly get there early and enjoy the atmosphere. Also be sure to get a Fenway frank and be sure not to call it a hot dog ;)

22. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

just got out of the game and heading back to my cousins house in nantic,ct. I'll post some pics when I get back. pretty good game besides the rain delay.

23. brendanryder thread starter macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

what time does the park open for pl to go in?
    and i will make sure i call it a fenway frank haha

24. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Forget the frank, get a sausage from the vendors on Yawkey.

And not any seat, just ones that aren't obstructed. ;)

25. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

You sure you're a sox fan?

Or if you're in the area (common or backbay) just walk the entire way! You'll be walking with lots of fans anyway!

That's awesome! The only Sox game I've been to at Fenway was when Ortiz hit a grand slam off Angels pitcher Weaver