Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidwes

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2004
Do you know if this is like steam. I'm about to switch to a new computer and want to make sure I can transfer the games if I install them on my current one.

tuncer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
Do you know if this is like steam. I'm about to switch to a new computer and want to make sure I can transfer the games if I install them on my current one.

Yes, of course, you can easily transfer the games to your new Mac.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
I already preordered.

And I have to agree with the above poster - Feral is very good at what they do, and excellent at support and responding to requests!

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
Awesome deal, I agree 100%. Just a pity that none of the games in the bundle is of any interest to me...
But still, I hope that more of these bundles come along !

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
I would assume that is your connection. I never have trouble downloading through the MGS app, and I'm not even on the same continent as the MGS servers.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I would assume that is your connection. I never have trouble downloading through the MGS app, and I'm not even on the same continent as the MGS servers.

I can't believe it's my connection, because everything else works fine - besides, it's a 35Mbps cable line.

The MGS attempt failed at least three consecutive times in the last minute (request timed out)...they must have a problem over there.

tuncer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
I can't believe it's my connection, because everything else works fine - besides, it's a 35Mbps cable line.

The MGS attempt failed at least three consecutive times in the last minute (request timed out)...they must have a problem over there.

We just released version 2.3.1 of the MGS App that fixed time outs. Time outs happen from time to time from almost any source. We rewrote the entire download engine so that games are now downloaded in chunks, then put together at the end. This ensures that no matter what (say, if you lose your internet connection, your Mac crashes, the app crashes, whatever), the download will resume where it got and stored the last chunk.

My apologies. Please send me a PM to see what we can do to help you out.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
We just released version 2.3.1 of the MGS App that fixed time outs. Time outs happen from time to time from almost any source. We rewrote the entire download engine so that games are now downloaded in chunks, then put together at the end. This ensures that no matter what (say, if you lose your internet connection, your Mac crashes, the app crashes, whatever), the download will resume where it got and stored the last chunk.

My apologies. Please send me a PM to see what we can do to help you out.

Just installed it, downloads seem more stable for now - I will PM you in case the issue is not resolved.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Yes.

The boss battles were definitely the worst part of the game. Luckily they are much better in Arkham City.

I found boss battles to be totally unique for every single one of them and gives a satisfying feeling after pass them. Made me remember each boss after defeating it, for the rest of the game. Arkham City is indeed a better game overall.

Best part of both games is the extremely good performance without sacrifice the visuals.

deadwulfe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Thank you, Tuncer, for this info. I just bought the pack. Hopefully, Feral continues to allow some more bundles for their older games. Batman & Dirt 2 were worth my $20, even though I have both on Steam for Windows.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I found boss battles to be totally unique for every single one of them and gives a satisfying feeling after pass them. Made me remember each boss after defeating it, for the rest of the game. Arkham City is indeed a better game overall.

Best part of both games is the extremely good performance without sacrifice the visuals.

Aside from the boss battles and better combat, I actually liked AA a bit better. The atmosphere was stronger, and the narrative was better focused––I felt with AC the developers decided that they needed to cram in every villain that they could, which made everything a bit bloated. The open world nature of the game
hurt it in that respect as well. But they are both excellent games.

What was wrong with the boss battles?

They weren't terrible, just overly tedious and boring. You had to do the same thing over and over. There are one or two really good ones, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.