OS X Feral Game Bundle - 6 Games For $19.99

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by tuncer, May 24, 2013.

1. tuncer macrumors member

The Feral Game Bundle is now available for pre-order on Macgamestore.com!

If you pre-order the bundle before Monday you will get a $10 coupon* valid against ANY FERAL GAME in the store!

That's $130 of savings on the price of the games plus a $10 coupon towards your next game!

http://www.macgamestore.com/product/2782/Feral-Game-Bundle/

2. davidwes macrumors 6502

Do you know if this is like steam. I'm about to switch to a new computer and want to make sure I can transfer the games if I install them on my current one.

3. tuncer thread starter macrumors member

Yes, of course, you can easily transfer the games to your new Mac.

4. 50548 Guest

It really sounds like an awesome deal, particularly knowing that Feral is, BY FAR, the best developer for the Mac. Its games are almost always bug-free and top-performing, and on par with their Windows counterparts.

I will definitely consider this bundle.

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

I already preordered.

And I have to agree with the above poster - Feral is very good at what they do, and excellent at support and responding to requests!

6. Dr. McKay macrumors 6502a

Awesome deal, I agree 100%. Just a pity that none of the games in the bundle is of any interest to me...
    But still, I hope that more of these bundles come along !

7. 50548 Guest

OK, just pre-ordered the bundle - I couldn't resist it as ALL of the games have received excellent reviews/ratings.

8. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

Edwin

9. tuncer thread starter macrumors member

10. thehustleman macrumors 65816

I want that just for Arkham Asylum alone.

That game is a classic

11. 50548 Guest

My only criticism, Edwin: download speeds with the MGS app are very disappointing - not to mention that they often fail and need to be manually resumed.

12. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

I would assume that is your connection. I never have trouble downloading through the MGS app, and I'm not even on the same continent as the MGS servers.

13. 50548 Guest

I can't believe it's my connection, because everything else works fine - besides, it's a 35Mbps cable line.

The MGS attempt failed at least three consecutive times in the last minute (request timed out)...they must have a problem over there.

14. MGregory666 macrumors newbie

Here here

15. tuncer thread starter macrumors member

We just released version 2.3.1 of the MGS App that fixed time outs. Time outs happen from time to time from almost any source. We rewrote the entire download engine so that games are now downloaded in chunks, then put together at the end. This ensures that no matter what (say, if you lose your internet connection, your Mac crashes, the app crashes, whatever), the download will resume where it got and stored the last chunk.

My apologies. Please send me a PM to see what we can do to help you out.

16. 50548 Guest

Just installed it, downloads seem more stable for now - I will PM you in case the issue is not resolved.

17. 50548 Guest

By the way, just played 30 minutes of Arkham Asylum - what an awesome game - performance is simply flawless on my iMac. Congrats for another great job, Feral..!

18. MGregory666 macrumors newbie

19. thehustleman macrumors 65816

20. Cougarcat macrumors 604

21. thehustleman macrumors 65816

What was wrong with the boss battles?

22. antonis macrumors 68000

antonis

I found boss battles to be totally unique for every single one of them and gives a satisfying feeling after pass them. Made me remember each boss after defeating it, for the rest of the game. Arkham City is indeed a better game overall.

Best part of both games is the extremely good performance without sacrifice the visuals.

23. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

Thank you, Tuncer, for this info. I just bought the pack. Hopefully, Feral continues to allow some more bundles for their older games. Batman & Dirt 2 were worth my $20, even though I have both on Steam for Windows.

24. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Aside from the boss battles and better combat, I actually liked AA a bit better. The atmosphere was stronger, and the narrative was better focused––I felt with AC the developers decided that they needed to cram in every villain that they could, which made everything a bit bloated. The open world nature of the game
    hurt it in that respect as well. But they are both excellent games.

They weren't terrible, just overly tedious and boring. You had to do the same thing over and over. There are one or two really good ones, though.