Feral Releases Rome: Total War Collection on iPad for $16.99

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 9, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Feral Interactive today announced ROME: Total War Collection for iPad, a bundle set containing acclaimed historical strategy game ROME: Total War and its expansions Barbarian Invasion and Alexander. The release marks the first anniversary of the original ROME: Total War on iPad.

The collection brings the tactics and battles of the acclaimed strategy title to Apple's tablet devices with the added advantage of three historical campaigns in one purchase:
    All three games include all of the popular franchise's classic features tailored to mobile gaming, including touch controls and mid-battle autosaves, as well as high-resolution visuals optimized for the iPad's Retina Display.

The ROME: Total War Collection is available now from the App Store for $16.99. Players who already own part of the bundle may complete it by paying the difference between the bundle price and what they have already paid.

Supported iPads include the iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad (5th Generation), iPad Pro (1st Generation: 9.7", 10.5", 12.9"), and iPad Pro (2nd Generation: 12.9").

Article Link: Feral Releases Rome: Total War Collection on iPad for $16.99

2. Blackstick macrumors 6502a

Blackstick

You’ve gotta be really into this series to spend that on an iPad title.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Not at all. If they released the one before Rome (Medieval Total War) on iPad, I'd happily pay that. Heck I'd even have to buy an iPad for it.

The Total War games are insanely good and Feral are a brilliant developer who really make sure Mac/iOS ports are smooth as silk. It's not just paying for a game but financially supporting a genuinely great team.

4. Hastings101 macrumors 68020

Hastings101

It's only $17, if people want more pc/console quality games on mobile instead of all freemium they're going to have to pay more than $1.99. It's a very good port too, it runs great and has almost perfect controls for touch.

5. SBlue1 macrumors 65816

SBlue1

If you think this is a lot dont wonder why there are not more quality games for iPad.

6. gnipgnop macrumors 65816

There is a bit of a premium for the iPad version, as the Mac version on Steam is $9.99. Not surprising though, as the iOS port requires some additional work for touch controls etc. and the iPad market is smaller.

7. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

It looks spectacular. I'm not super into turn based games, more into the build-em-up and send-em-out games like Warcraft 2 or Command and Conquer (love Red Alert 2!)

8. urtules macrumors regular

urtules

I'm happy to this port, that's kind of game I would play on iPad.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2017 ---
    It's not entirely turned based, it has real time battles.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2017 ---
    It's a bundle of 3 games. You can get main game for $9.99.

9. lunarworks macrumors 65816

Look, it's an Angry Yelling Man icon. Must be a mobile game.

10. djnigelchung macrumors member

Anyone get this on Ipad Air? How does it run?

11. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

So is this basically Age of Empires on crack?

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This is a three-game bundle. The individual games can be purchased outside of the bundle for a total of $20.

13. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

Gotta say the total war Rome on my iPad Pro is amazing. The amount of detail and programming that goes into such a port must be astounding.

14. Janichsan macrumors 68000

Janichsan

...except that the original cover had the same picture.

[​IMG]