Feral Updates 'Sid Meier's Railroads!' for macOS Compatibility

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 26, 2017.

1. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Feral state requirements are MacOS 10.12.4

For anyone like me running the Mac Pro 1,1 with Mac OS 10.11.6 (I have the Mac Edition 7950) the game runs very well. I just bought on the off-chance.

Thank you Feral, keep it up and we'll keep spending with you.

2. Plutonius, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017

Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Have you tried it lately ?

Most Steam games I have work fine without an internet connection. The exception is multiplayer and web based games. Once you start Steam without internet access, it puts you in offline mode and you play as normal.
    --- Post Merged, May 28, 2017 ---
    Runs great on my base 2010 MacBook Pro (OS 10.12, 2.4 GHz i5, Geoforce GT 330M (256Meg)).
    --- Post Merged, May 28, 2017 ---
    It seemed to run fine on my 2009 Mac Pro (4,1) with a 7950 (Mac version) when I first installed it. Did they come out with a patch in the last couple of days that is causing the problems (I'll have to try it again when I get a chance) ?

3. Notafanboyyet macrumors member

Is there any way to make this work for Mavericks? I'd love to play but really don't want to upgrade my operating system

4. Trusteft macrumors 6502

Trusteft

Dude, that's the whole point of this thread you are replying to...

5. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Dude, I was trying to find out if they had an update over the weekend while I was out that was causing problems with a Mac Pro. I got home tonight, and the game still runs perfect on my 2009 Mac Pro like I was stating in my post (I'm not sure why the other two people had issues).

6. Trusteft macrumors 6502

Trusteft

Dude! Awesome!

7. Life2Short macrumors newbie

After much patience on the part of Feral support I was able to isolate my problem: a crappy USB hub. Plugging my mouse directly into my Mac Pro allows the game to run just fine.

8. Kris Kelvin macrumors regular

In my case, there seem to be two separate issues:
    • Incompatibility with Logitech G302, leading to very slow mouse movement in gam
    • Incompatibility with Nvidia GL drivers (both Apple's and Web Driver), leading to lots burned CPU cycles when the game is running
    Since I love this mouse and can't fix the graphics drivers, I'll just keep using the old version of the app.

9. Kris Kelvin macrumors regular

Version 1.2 fixes the issues I mentioned. The new version also uses Metal instead of OpenGL and runs beautifully!