Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Yey... :)

Only to be replaced by Massa though... :rolleyes:

Anyway... looking forward to a Schumacher/Raikkonen partnership come 2007. :D

Rinky dink link

Thoughts?

Toeknee

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Yeah.... I don't think Kimi will be going to Ferrari. Not unless A) Ferrari proves that their cars can dominate like in years past B) McLaren keep being haunted by technical gremlins. Currently the McBenz seems faster or just as fast as the Renault and the Ferrari of Shumi so we'll just have to wait and see what happens from here until next season. Whats this I hear about Barichello going to BAR to replace Jenson? or maybe Sato? heh Probably JB.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Toeknee said:
Whats this I hear about Barichello going to BAR to replace Jenson? or maybe Sato? heh Probably JB.

Yep... BAR-Honda have an announcement to make tomorrow. ;)

Button is tied into a contract with Williams for next season, even though he's trying to wriggle out of it... it looks increasingly like he's going to have to suck it up and take it like a man. :p

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Massa!! I mean really? Massa? He's hardly electric is he? Mind you I don't suppose they want anyone who is going to outshine the great Shumey now do they :rolleyes:

Good for Rubens though. For too long has he been in the shadow of Michael and he's a great driver in his own right. I always feel really sorry for him when I see him with his little red hat with a massive number 2 on it. Michael has his Vermataburgendoobiedoobiedoo hat but Rubens has to have one which basically says 'Loser'

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
MacRy said:
Massa!! I mean really? Massa? He's hardly electric is he? Mind you I don't suppose they want anyone who is going to outshine the great Shumey now do they :rolleyes: '

massa is managed by Jean Todt's son.

there's your answer :)

yeah i think that button will have to go to williams. i hope that the v8 masters at cosworth do their thing, next year has a change of engines remember.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Everything seems to indicate Rubens is off to BAR and Button is going to Williams (like it or not). I'd like to see Barichello win some races.

Good for Rubens, I say. He is underrated - hard not to be when you're Schu's teammate. But who wants to be a sidekick forever?

I too must raise my voise and ask "why Massa?" It isn't that he's not good, but he isn't super-standout either. Raikkonen will be courted after Schu retires but Ferrari better hope they have a contender car by then.

I wonder if Sato will be retained...

Dale Sorel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
But he is believed to be unhappy with his continued status as number two to Schumacher.

I always thought being number two to the best driver in decades wasn't such a bad thing :rolleyes:

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
I prefer Jensen Button to come to Ferrari compared to Massa...
However, i think Massa would most probally be the one coming over to Ferrari :rolleyes:

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
I personally think this guy still looks like a rookie.
his behavior is like a newbie, IMO.
But I don't have Ferrari's shares, so, go Mclaren, go!!

P.S : no, I don't have Mclaren's shares either. :p

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
iGav said:
Yey... :)

Only to be replaced by Massa though... :rolleyes:

Anyway... looking forward to a Schumacher/Raikkonen partnership come 2007. :D

Rinky dink link

Thoughts?

I honestly believe Sato is doomed. He's underperformed considerably, and they could use him as a test driver (don't think BAR will easily come in the top 6). Barichello and Button would be used as joint team leaders - much like at Mclaren. I predict Button staying at BAR with Davidson going the other way plus cash to prevent "gardening leave" for Button.

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
I think Massa has great potential. Hes a good fast, steady driver who just is currently in a not so good car. I think he might be abit of an amatuer, but stepping up to Ferrari so early and getting trained my the great Shumi himself will do him good.

Maybe Barichello can win races now. We all know the Honda is podium competent, we just don't know if its winning material.

Its going to be a good season next year. The great shakeup after the Ferrari demise. Could to see what a post-ferrari F1 race is going to look like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.