Fetch and Push

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrmike316, Jul 6, 2010.

1. mrmike316 macrumors regular

Just a quick question,with fetch turned off and push turned off. Why am i still getting yahoo emails pushed to my iphone,still getting email alerts while the phone is sitting there. Thankssss

2. mrmike316 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Have you scrolled to the bottom of the page where you can turn off push, there should be and advanced box, open it and choose manual, I have yahoo email and this works for me.

4. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

If push and fetch are off, you should only get email when you open MAIL. Check your settings to see if they stuck or try restoring your phone.

5. mrmike316 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah both are turned off, and under advanced set to manual kinda wierd....Thanks for the responses though

6. mzd macrumors 6502a

Same thing happens to me. When I'm at work, I turn off push, but they still sometimes get pushed. I'm hoping the new update fixes it. I don't really want to do a full reset…

7. mckandy macrumors member

This happens to my partner's iphone4 all the time. He has push and fetch both turned off and the new email will sound when the phone is just sitting on the coffee table.

8. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

I had the opposite, I had FETCH turned ON and didn't get fetch. The solution, and it worked and others say it solves a host of problems after new email setup on the phone, is to SHUT DOWN the phone and reboot. Fixed everything for me, try it if you haven't rebooted since installing iOS 4 or buying an iPhone 4.

9. mrmike316 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah have tried all,might just be a minor bug in ios4. Not really a big deal though,BTW my iphone4 is perfect..