Fetch Art/Album Art Question

Ikstej24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
I downloaded Fetch Art today. I have over 13,000 songs and everytime I start it it seems like it is going to be days before I can use it because it is trying to download album art for every single song. I would like to do it a little bit at a time so I don't have to leave the computer on 24/7. Does anyone know how to do this?

Is there a better program to do this?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Ikstej24 said:
I downloaded Fetch Art today. I have over 13,000 songs and everytime I start it it seems like it is going to be days before I can use it because it is trying to download album art for every single song. I would like to do it a little bit at a time so I don't have to leave the computer on 24/7. Does anyone know how to do this?

Is there a better program to do this?
I had the same issue. Use the search tool in iTunes or the browse selectors at the top to identify a subset of songs for which you want to search, highlight them, and then click the fetch art option in the applescripts menu.

Comment

Ikstej24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
mkrishnan said:
I had the same issue. Use the search tool in iTunes or the browse selectors at the top to identify a subset of songs for which you want to search, highlight them, and then click the fetch art option in the applescripts menu.

Thank you....that should work a lot better

Comment

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Ikstej24 said:
Thank you....that should work a lot better
I only had about 4000 songs, but after a while, this worked out okay. The other slight nuisance with Fetch Art is that it will try to add art to iTMS songs that already have art, again. :-S And usually the iTMS art is better to begin with. So I was careful not to select those. But I guess it doesn't really matter that much. :eek:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.