Fetch broken

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deimos256, Nov 18, 2008.

1. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

For the last few days i have noticed my phone not fetching emails even though i have fetch set to 15 min and have fetch turned on in the advanced options for each account. I always had the no fetch while the phone was in deep sleep or whatever you want to call it, but now its happening during the day, when ill check my mail at 9am and fetch hasnt touched it since 630. Has anyone experienced the same? Will a restore fix it?

2. daisuke07 macrumors regular

idk if the iphone can fetch while in sleepmode lol

3. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

4. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

I'm having exactly the same problem. Guess we're just at the mercy of Apple releasing an update...

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

6. deimos256 thread starter macrumors 6502a

when you say sleep mode do you mean once one presses the button and the screen goes blank? If so thats rather weak, i have noticed that itll fetch at home and on my wifi but when im at work in a 5 bar 3g area it wont fetch, good job Crapple

7. jhoc macrumors newbie

I had this problem last week when it was set to push, then I switched to 15 minute fetch and had intermitten issue. This week it seems to work fine, even got contacts and calender synching which is a rare treat.

8. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I have been having a problem with fetch too lately. I have the iPhone fetch my mail every 30 minutes, and it doesn't do that.
    I was in my gmail inbox on the computer. I set the phone down for two hours. I had three messages in gmail on the computer, and after that two hours, the iPhone didn't indiccate any mail coming in. I had to go into the mail app to fetch my mail.
    I don't know what's going on, but I hope the issue gets fixed soon!
    Additionally, I set fetching mail toanual since it's worthless for me to set it at a set rate to fetch mail.

9. deimos256 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i think 2.1 messed with it, because prior to that i had 100% reliable fetching. I think in their quest for better battery life they messed with fetch