fetching album artwork app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gusious, Aug 30, 2008.

1. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Does anyone of you know any good app for fetching album covers for making my iTunes library a little bit more nice?:)

Thanks!

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

iTunes will actually do this. Look for "Get Album Artwork" under the "Advanced" menu. I think it'll only pick up stuff that's available in the iTunes Store, though.

As for what else is out there, I'm not sure...I did all my album artwork by hand.

3. munson macrumors 6502

munson

It works the best for me. The iTunes "Get Album Artwork" is rubbish, and never does it right. When doing it by hand I can always have the right one, AND a great quality version of it.

4. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

Get the Amazon Art widget. Works a treat.

All you have to do is search for the album then click 'set as iTunes artwork'

The problem with using iTunes to get the artwork is that you have to sign up - which involves entering card details.

5. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

You both said that you are doing this manually. You mean googling it? Typing the album's name and getting the pics?

Oh, i know gimme some tune!! Yeah, it's very good but i'm curious if anyone else knows any other ways because even "gimme some tune" doesn't always
    find covers....!:rolleyes:

6. munson macrumors 6502

munson

I wiki it. I do this a lot, since I see a lot of no-name bands and buy their merch, and find a lot of obscure non-iTunes stuff.

7. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

So.... With gimme some tune i have a problem. Everytime i open iTunes i have the app to start together. But everytime i have to click on "show Gimme some tune window". What's wrong with that?

How can i fix it?