"Fetching windows back" when minimizing?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by amok-san, Jul 7, 2008.

1. amok-san macrumors newbie

IIRC in Tiger you could force a window (which was about to minimize because you accidentally double-clicked its top bar) to come back on the desktop if you´d keep mashing the left mouse button.
    It´s definitely not present in Leopard.
    Does my mind play tricks on me or was it really a feature?

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I know a lot of Leopard and Tiger tricks but I've never noticed or tried this. Is it really important? It takes a micro-second for it minimize and a micro-second to bring it back to the desktop.

3. amok-san thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

No, it doesn't. It takes at least a second for each action, meaning you waste up to two seconds for each incorrect max/min. This is why hiding apps is preferred.

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Wow a whole second.:rolleyes: I think you understood my point. I use scale mode, not genie and it's faster than a second FYI. Also re-read the OP's post, he was mentioning if he could stop the action from minimizing if he accidentally double clicked the title bar.
    And yes, hiding is better which is what I do all the time however it is irrelevant to this OP's question.

6. amok-san thread starter macrumors newbie

Hehe, I do hide apps, never minimize (scale btw), just want to know if I really saw this behaviour in Tiger, but on the other hand I really couldn´t make up such a thing... :confused: