Few Adium Questions.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Caris, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

I've switched over to Adium after using Messenger Mac for as long as i can remember and I have some questions.

First off, can you show in the status bar what I'm listening to in iTunes?

Secondly can i configure Adium to sign me in appearing offline?

Lastly can i configure the sounds to be like MSN? Signing in, alerts etc. I hate the way it chimes every time I send a message...

Anything else I should know being a new user?

Thanks.

2. ihabime macrumors 6502

You can control the event sounds from the event panel of Adiums preferences.
    It lets you pick different sound sets and decide what events make sounds.

I can't help you on the other two, but you should check out the Xtras Manager under the Adium menu, It lets you download different sound sets, icons, themes and scripts to extend adium.

3. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

Yeah, I've sorted the sounds now. Using the iChat ones.

Still stumped on the other questions!

4. rjames86 macrumors member

For your question about the iTunes music in your status, just set your status to iTunes in the menu that shows up on the top-right of your screen.

As for the signing in as invisible, I couldn't find a default setting for that, but I'm pretty sure Adium will start up in the status you left off on, so if you leave your status to invisible it should start up the same way.

Good luck.

5. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Preferences > Accounts > MSN account > Privacy > Let others know what iTunes is playing.

I guess you have to sign out being invisble. Then next time you sign in, you will be invisible as well.[/QUOTE]

Next time, just go poke around in the preferences ;)

6. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

Cheers for the help lads, sorted them all but still got one problem.

I have 3 groups, online, offline and other contacts. I have never added or changed any groups but when people come online they go into my other contacts group instead of the online group.

Does anyone know how to delete the other contacts group and get my contacts to appear in the online group?

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Highlight all of the contacts, move them to the respective groups and then remove group (Control Click -> Remove Group) However, once you delete a group all of the contacts go with them, so be careful.