Few amateur questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Suno, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

1. When I'm moving a file from my harddrive to an external harddrive, is there anyway to "Move" the whole file instead of copying?

On Windows, if you right-click dragged a file instead of left-click drag, it gave you several options on what you would like to perform with the file. Left-click drag automatically just copied the file by default like it does on Mac, but right-click drag gave you the option to move it. I was wondering if there is a similar mouse function for the Mac.

2. Is there anyway to use the mouse wheel for more functions other than scrolling?

For example, on Windows, clicking the mouse wheel while on a browser like Chrome brought up the omni-directional circle that allowed you to go left-right-up-down by dragging towards that direction. I was actually quite surprised that Mac didn't come with it.

Furthermore, and I don't know if this is just Mac limited or the program, but in Guild Wars 2, I can't use the scroll wheel to zoom in or out of my character or zoom out on the map.

3. Is there a faster way to open a new Finder folder other than Apple key + N or right click-> New folder?

Pretty simple question. On Windows, wheel clicking the folder instantly brought up a new one. Often times, when I'm in need of a new folder, it's usually because I'm dragging files around and I never have my hand on the keyboard. It's not too big of a deal, not much of a hassle honestly, but if there was any way to make my life easier through small things like this, I'd take it.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Hold the Command key while dragging to move, instead of copy, a file to another drive.
    It depends which mouse you have and what functions it supports.
    Again, such functions may be possible, depending on which mouse you use and what functions it supports.

3. thundersteele macrumors 68030

You can look into tools like "USB Overdrive" (shareware), I use it to assign functions to my Steelseries mouse.

That can be changed in the GW2 settings, just disable the two OSX-beta specific checkboxes.

Uhm, right click or a shortcut seems pretty fast to me. I don't exactly understand how it works in windows? Does a new folder open whenever you click somewhere?

Btw, since you drag stuff around a lot, there is a nice functionality that if you are dragging a file and you hover over a folder, it will open that folder (i.e. you can navigate through your folders with the file "in hand").