Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tranceFusion

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
1) What happens if you buy an app and it gets pulled from the app store? I am assuming if its on your phone, you can keep it, but can you download it later off the cloud if you delete it? Basically, is it reasonable to delete stuff you aren't currently using from you phone and expect to be able to get it later if desired? (Examples: The old version of Tetris got replaced with a new version of Tetris, or how Bejewled 2 and Blitz are being split into separate apps. )

2) If an app has been installed on my phone before but isn't currently, the app store says "Install". If an app is in my purchase history but hasn't been instaleld on my phone, it shows a price. If I click that price will I be charged a 2nd time? (aka forgot I bought the app a long time ago on a different device)

3) I am considering buying an iPad. Will I have to re-buy any non-universal apps? Or can I pay the difference to upgrade to the HD version?

eeeew

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2011
syncing your iphone with itunes (on your computer) solves all your questions. Downloaded apps are copied to your PC within sync, so you can delete, back up , reinstall or do whatever you want with your phone/pad

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.