Few basic questions!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zimtheinvader, Oct 6, 2007.

1. zimtheinvader macrumors regular

zimtheinvader

Finally thinking of taking the plunge to switch to At&t and iphone but a few questions if you guys know:
    1) Is the current iPhone the same as the original interms of durability (ie. same great screen/scratch resistance) since the price drop?
    2) Is the screen the same super high-quality in terms of viewing angle/contrast?
    3) Can I view .doc and .pdf files in Safari (for example, view course syllabi, lab reports, ect.?)

Sorry if these have been asked before, I searched but got some conflicting info, esp. since so many people say the screen is inferior now, so I'm a bit confused!:confused:!

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. I think so- others will confirm

The hardware is the same as it ever was, just no 4Gb model, I believe.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I believe the screeen and in fact all the hardware as stated above, is the same. the only difference is no 4gb as said, but the screen should be the same, and its a very nice screen. I am not sure about the third question but my guess would be yes, dont quote me on that though.

4. zimtheinvader thread starter macrumors regular

zimtheinvader

Thanks everyone!

I had heard the new iPhone had the same screen as the iPod Touch, which was generally regarded as inferior, so I wanted to make sure that wasn't true. My eyes still have a hard time adjusting to even my MBP screen sometimes!

5. eMagine macrumors regular

eMagine