Few basic ?'s

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by scooterguitar, Apr 19, 2008.

1. scooterguitar macrumors regular

New to video. Just got a hard disc cam I love.
    I was using the softwware that came with it on my PC, now trying it with my new macbookm I am still trying to fugre out.
    On the PC when I backed up or copied from the camera it was fast, my first attempt on the mac is taking it sper slow. This normal?
    When I connected them Iphoto popped up, but I closed it and went to Imovie to transfer the video in, is this correct?
    Taking around 35 minutes for a 45 minute clip, it says generating tumbnails and processing.
    Just wondering if I should have loaded to iphoto and then transferred over to imovie and if this lenghty time is correct?

Also, after all of that it takes the long clip and sectioned it into tons of short clips. Why doe sit do that? Seems like a real pain if I simply wanted to the one big video for some basic editing. I must be missing or doing something wrong?

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

What version of iMovie are you using? iMovie 08 simply makes it look like all the files are in little clips. It's to make you be able to see all the scenes quickly. If you don't want to do that, move the slider at the bottom right of the frame to the right until it says "all".

( not that I recommend using iMovie 08 )

3. scooterguitar thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. It is now locking up on me when I move rejexted clips to the trash.
    Should I download the old iMovie version? If so, have a direct link to what I'd need please?
    Thanks