few iMac question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Poker-face, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Poker-face macrumors newbie

i have some questions about iMac and i want your opinion of that questions..it would be great if you could answer them...

1.will it be any iMac refresh soon (like in june/july) and if you think it won't,will it be refresh someday in september,and what things in your opinion will change in it...
    2. i'm planing to buy it,but i could wait 2-3 months,so do u think is it worth to wait or should i buy it now?? Does anyone have 1299$ version of the iMac and what are the impression of it... Is it fast enough??

if i have more questions i will ask them but know it's all that i could remember.. :D

thank you :apple: :cool:

2. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

There really shouldn't be a refresh of the iMacs anytime soon as they were just updated, and based on the the last few updates, the only thing changing are minor hardware specs not radical design choices. I love my 20" iMac its easily the best computer I have ever owned. Speed all depend on what you are using the computer for. I edit video, encode video, serve up two apple tv's and its great for me. Check out the refurb store on apple.com they are still basically new computers with the same 1 year warranty and are a little cheaper. Enjoy your new mac.

3. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

No idea about refresh. With the economy the way it is Apple might be looking to get prices on its parts and increase margin for a bit.

4. Eanair macrumors 6502

Eanair

1. I don't think there will be a refresh anytime soon as there just was one in March. The usual time between refreshes is about a year IIRC, so most likely, Apple will wait until end of '09 or beginning of '10 for a refresh.

2. If you need the computer now, get it now. I have the 20 inch one (the lowest spec one) and it works fine for me, but then again, I don't consider myself a high power user. When I'm not using it for fun and movies and music, I'm crunching numbers in Excel and making PP presentations.

Good luck!