Few iPhone 7 questions.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snerkler, Oct 14, 2016.

1. snerkler macrumors 6502a

Just upgraded from the iPhone 6 to the iphone 7 and have a few niggles and wondered if anyone can help please?

Firstly is there any way to turn the 'click' off the home button completely or can you only change the intensity? I wondered what it was at first and thought there was something loose or something with the casing lol. Ideally I'd like to turn it off as it still feels like this to me.

When scrolling black test kind of blurs (very very subtly) with a very slight green tinge, almost like chromatic aberrations you get with photography. Is this just a 'characteristic' of the new screen? I'm sure this will be a case of some people seeing it and some not if it is indeed normal, just like other LCD 'phenomena'.

Finally a question about the taboo yellow screen, bare with me here ;) Are all/the vast vast majority of iphone 7 screens like this or is it like the older models where it's hit and miss what hue you'll get? The reason I ask is that I do a lot of photography and calibrate my iMac and MacBook Pro screen to get accurate colours and it's therefore important that my iPad and iPhone screens match my computers as much as possible for continuity. My iPhone 7 is very warm in comparison to my calibrated screens and so I'd like to swap it if possible if there's a chance I'll get a cooler one. I know you can change the tint in settings but the intensity slider is still too strong on the lowest setting and so guess too far the other way. I've spent a long time trying to calibrate it and it's just not right.

Any help appreciated.

2. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

You can always ask Apple to swap it under the return period or warranty purposes. I've seen a majority of the iP7's with yellow/warm looks even floor models at Apple stores. Its nothing to be overly concerned with I'd suggest, mine has it a bit but not bothersome and I take a lot of photos with iPhone and a Canon.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

No way to turn the haptic feedback off when using the home button. You can adjust it but not turn it off.

Slight smearing when scrolling through text is not something I notice on my 7+ but did on my 12.9 iPad Pro.

My screen is perfect for me not too warm or cool. Very happy!

4. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the feedback. The screen hue is not the end of the world, but as I mentioned it's more for consistency of making sure my photos are the right colours, especially when showing them. Plus the screen looks dull. I've been to the Apple Store tonight and they had 3 iPhone 7's and all of them were brighter and had a different hue to mine. None had the blur either but then again mine is only very sporadic so not a conclusive test.

Apple said they'd replace it but as I did not get the phone direct from them they could only give me a refurb and they recommended that I take it back to O2 for a brand new one, so I'll be off to O2 later this week.

Since my original post my phone has also stuttered a few times such as the animation of an app opening, or when scrolling through the open safari windows etc. Not sure if I've got a lemon or whether the latest software is glitchy.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

iOS 10 has a few more updates due to fix some little stuff. Overall, I like it.

6. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I like it too, just wondered if the glitches were inherent in the iOS at the mo.

7. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Quick update, swapped the phone and all glitches have gone. Screen is much better, slightly warmer than the iPhone 6 but more natural and very close to my calibrated screens.