Few iPhone questions before buying...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beeeen, Oct 20, 2007.

1. beeeen macrumors member

I hope to buy an 8gb iphone within 4-6 weeks. I just have a few questions about it before I go buy one.

1) How is the EDGE connection? Slow? Fast? Am I gonna be frustrated with it?
    2) Does it have an alarm clock? I use an alarm almost daily, so I need to make sure it has one
    3) How is typing on the keyboard?
    4) The 8GB counts as music/video/photos correct? I don't have videos, but I might upload a few photos, I just need to keep track of how much I am using
    5) If I jailbreak my ipod and for whatever reason I don't want it anymore, I can restore it correct?
    6) I am currently on at&t with unlimited texting (family plan). After I sign up for the data plan, I can add on that current unlimited texting plan right?

That's pretty much all I can think of.

2. mrtune macrumors 6502a

1. Edge connection isn't that bad. Works good for me.
    2. Yes, it has an alarm clock.
    3. Surprisingly good. I was optimistic at first as I was used to using a full keyboard on my previous phone. I find I can type faster and more accurate than any phone I used before it. There is a small learning curve. Learn to trust the autocorrect feature. That's was the hardest part for me.
    4. 8gb counts for everthing, even the os. According to itunes you'll have about 7.3gb available to your for pictures, music, and videos on a new phone.
    5. Yes, there is a resore feature built into iTunes that will wipe out your phone and reinstall the os from scratch as if it were a new phone.
    6. When picking your plan via iTunes you can pick a texting plan too. I picked the unlimited data +1500 texts for $30. I believe there was an unlimited data + unlimited text button too, but I don't remember for sure. Probably gonna be around $40 for that one.

3. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I believe you can add unlimited m2m for $5 a month.

Unlimited in general will probably cost you quite a bit more.

4. nightelf macrumors 6502

1) How is the EDGE connection? Slow? Fast? Am I gonna be frustrated with it?
    No idea, no EDGE in my country.

2) Does it have an alarm clock? I use an alarm almost daily, so I need to make sure it has one
    Yes. You can even set the alarm to repeat every weekday, weekends, mondays, etc.

3) How is typing on the keyboard?
    I like it. Very easy to learn and a lot better than any other phone I have tried.

4) The 8GB counts as music/video/photos correct? I don't have videos, but I might upload a few photos, I just need to keep track of how much I am using
    8GB includes music, video, photos, contacts, calendar, and OS X. You can check available space in Settings or iTunes.

5) If I jailbreak my ipod and for whatever reason I don't want it anymore, I can restore it correct?
    Yes.

6) I am currently on at&t with unlimited texting (family plan). After I sign up for the data plan, I can add on that current unlimited texting plan right?
    Yes.

5. beeeen thread starter macrumors member