Few Issues - About to Upgrade - Concerns?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bworthey, Jan 6, 2012.

1. bworthey macrumors newbie

Lately, I've been having a few "issues" with my MacBook. For some reason, under my user-name/account - I can not open iPhoto. It will look like it is about to open, but then I just get the little spinning wheel. It works fine under my wife's user name. Also, from time to time the volume buttons, and others at the top switch function. I don't know if this happens after hooking it up to a projector, but most of the time a restart fixes that. I've tried running the things under disk utility, but that also gets stuck somewhere around 14% left.

So, my question is - I'm about to upgrade to Snow Leopard and then Lion, should I be concerned about these issues or will updating "fix" some of them?

Thanks,

2. dauber macrumors regular

dauber

Don't know if the upgrade will solve your issue. Have you tried repairing permissions?

3. bworthey thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I have - that's what I was saying - when I would try it before, it would get stuck and never finish. I have done one upgrade, ran repair and it completed. Things seem okay now, except that I'm having an issue with my battery now! Thanks for the reply.