Few issues I'm having on rmbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squaremon, Jul 18, 2012.

1. squaremon macrumors regular

squaremon

Just received my Rmbp today. Love it!
    But.. theres few issues.

I installed clicktoflash extension on safari 5.7.1 but no longer can watch YouTube or Ted videos.

I installed chrome and iwork09 but everything looks blurry.

Any fixes for these?

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Don't know about your first question, but the 2nd is related to apps not being updated to take advantage of the retina's screen yet. I would use Safari (it will be the best for now), or the dev build of chrome. When using the rMBP in store, it seemed like programs that were not updated yet (such as iWork) did look slightly better when used in a scaled mode.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For Flash-related issues:
    • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
    • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
    • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.

4. squaremon thread starter macrumors regular

squaremon

Thanks. So i need to install adobe flash to get clicktoflash to work? Sorry i asked, im a bit confused because my mba did not have adobe flash install, only clicktoflash extension, and i was able to watch videos on youtube.

5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Chrome has Flash built-in, you don't need to install it to get it to work in Chrome. You DO need to install it to get Flash in Safari and Firefox as Apple doesn't include Flash.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

ClickToFlash is an extension that is used to control what flash content plays on sites. If there's no flash installed, there's nothing for ClickToFlash to control. It can also play media via HTML5, when available. If you have joined the HTML5 YouTube trial, you can watch some (not all) YouTube videos without using flash. Not all YouTube content is available in HTML5, so flash may be required to view some of it.

7. squaremon thread starter macrumors regular

squaremon

Got it! Thanks for the infos! Cuz i was under the impression that flash will get macs to heat up. And thats what im tryin to aviod.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Resource-intensive apps and processes will cause an increase it heat, but it's nothing to worry about. Macs automatically manage temps and fan speeds to keep temps in a safe operating range.