Few issues with Mail - Proxy settings - Sync hotmail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LERsince1991, May 11, 2009.

1. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

So I've set my Mail app up and been using it for a bit and just have some questions about it.

1 - I'm using it with 4 hotmail accounts and when I send an email or make any sort of change like even read the email it doesn't sync that action with hotmail server. So when I log into hotmail via their website I have like 200 odd emails and no record of my sent items. I think I used Pop settings or something.

This isn't really a problem until I get onto my next issue which forces me to use hotmail via their website.

2 - When at my college I can't get mail to work. My college uses proxy settings to filter what we use the internet for... like block facebook and stuff. Well when I get to school I change firefox's proxy settings and then change my network location where I have set up the proxy settings for a location called school and deselected the proxy settings for home...

I can use the internet like normal at school but just not mail?
    This forces me to use hotmail and it really isn't ideal for multiple accounts and just everything is bummed.

Cheers.
    Luke.

2. LERsince1991 thread starter macrumors 65816

3. LERsince1991 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry to keep posting but I'm pretty desperate.. anyone help?

4. LERsince1991 thread starter macrumors 65816