Few issues with OS X and Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bacong, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

First of all, I recently purchased a brand new Mac mini 3 weeks ago (specs in sig) It has been great so far, but there have been a few odd...issues that I have been having.

First of all, (and least importantly) sometimes, the trash takes 5-10 seconds to empty when I'm only clearing the trash of an image or two. It never took that long on my old PPC Powerbook.

Secondly, this computer does not seem to like dual booting W7 and OS X. For example, when I boot into W7, no matter what I did the previous time, the time settings are wrong. I can change them, boot back into OS X, boot back into Windows and it's back to the wrong time. Anyone heard of that?

Also, when I reboot into OS X, my wallpaper is reset. I have my wallpaper set to run off a folder of a hundred images or so, and to change every 30 minutes. When I restart, that's changed, and it's back to the default SL wallpaper.

What is not saving? Other than that, both OS' work swimmingly. No performance issues yet on either side, except for those odd issues.

Can anyone shed some light onto this? Much appreciated if so.

No one?

2. g3powerbook boy macrumors member

You must have a reason for wanting windows, otherwise why would you want to use such an inferior operating system seeing as how mac os x is far superior to any windows version. windows is the big reason i got rid of my newer laptop and rebuilt my g3 powerbook pismo running os x 10.4.11

apples seem to be far better :apple:

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

The time "problem" is a well known issue due to the different way Windows and OSX reference time

There are some workarounds listed on the board here you can search for, or you can Google that for more info

As far as emptying the trash, I would say that is probably unrelated

4. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

This made me giggle. :rolleyes: