Few Issues

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by GTghost, Oct 13, 2011.

1. GTghost macrumors regular

So before iOS5 I was on 4.3.3 and had a few problems with my i4, first it would randomly restart like every hour and the battery would die with couple hours of usage, I tried turning off push, notifications, and lowering the brightness, but still no go. So I updated to iOS5 and the problems still exists, what should I do?

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Take it into an Apple store. They'll suggest you do a complete refresh (without restoring from your backup). If that fails they'll suggest you need it replaced. If you're out of warranty it'll cost you a benjamin or two.

3. GTghost thread starter macrumors regular

My warranty just ended a month or 2 ago, do you think they'll be nice to replace? If not, I can wait untill contract ends and get I4S or wait until i5

4. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Sometimes they are nice. I really think it depends on whether they like you or not. Two months out is probably too long, but it's worth a try. It would also appear that they are losing this discretion in the age of AppleCare+.

My personal opinion is that the 4S is well worth the upgrade, if your carrier will give you the discount and especially if you have a malfunctioning 4.