few itouch questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rabidcrab, Dec 25, 2007.

1. rabidcrab macrumors newbie

I just got one for xmas and i had a few questions

can i connect this with my ps3 to transfer songs and music? wirelessly? or with a cable?

and is there a way i can connect my itouch wirelessly with my stereo system? i have the Z-5500 Digital logitech suround sound in my room, and id like to be able to play music wirelessly while i lay in bed with my itouch or so. it has a headphones plug and another port that has a little musical note sign (im guessing this is an auxillary port, for an ipod) anyone know how i can do this?

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

From what Ive messed around with, you cannot get communication between the touch and ps3, this might be due to the touch not having a constant usb connection..

And there are wireless steroe system, but the touch would have to be a in a cradle, Im pretty sure this cannot be done standalone

3. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

can it be one using a local network?

in other words, if i set up a wireless local network from my iMac, that plays through the stereo via an airport express base, can I play music from the iTouch trough the stereo speakers?

4. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Theres a webapp that lets you control your iTunes on your iMac from your iPod... you could use that to play your songs instead of directly from your iPod.

5. Pathfinder55 macrumors 6502

Im pretty sure you can't connect it to you PS3 wirelessly I'm not sure about the USB though cause I havn't tried it.

BTW: iPod touch please

6. mr.light macrumors 6502

Thank you. This "itouch" thing is driving me nuts.

7. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Wirelessly to a PS3? I don't think so, but my nephew plays his ipod on the PS3, I have no idea how, he goes through a bunch of files in the ipod and it plays. Then he controls the playlist through his wireless remote. He has had problems with the ipod causing the PS3 to freeze though, so he doesn't connect it any more.

Does your surround have blue tooth? I don't know if they have that available for stereos but its worth a try, but then you would have to but a blue tooth thing for your ipod. I have blue tooth headphones but I don't know if it would connect to a stereo.

Good luck!