Few noob questions...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PowerFullMac, Nov 11, 2008.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

How do I make the contact list order itself from the first name, not the last?

I got my old number transferred to my new iPhone SIM, how do I update it so it shows the new number?

How do I change between "slide to unlock" and the two Accept and Reject buttons when I get a call?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Contacts: Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> scroll down to the Contacts segment -> Sort Order

I'm lost... if you transferred to the old number, why would you still want it to show the new (and non-functional) number?

I don't understand the other question, either -- you change automatically to the accept/reject buttons when you get a phone call, don't you?

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You mean you ported your existing number and this number does not call your iPhone/new SIM. In the UK at least a port takes 2 days or so...

4. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

First one works, thanks :)

No, I want the opposite, the iPhone currently displays the inactive new number, I want it to show my old and currently working number I ported to the new SIM.

I have seen pictures of a "slide to answer" screen when you get a call where you have a slider to answer the call... Is there a setting for that?

EDIT: robbieduncan, the port took 24 hours, but the iPhone still shows the inactive number that came with the old SIM.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

When you say the iPhone shows the old number, where do you mean exactly? I'm a little confused...

6. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

When I go to Settings -> Phone and it says "Your number:", its the old one that came with the SIM... Also, what I go into contacts and it says the same at the top above the search thingy, it also has the wrong number!

7. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

As for the call screen, I know I have seen both screens before, but mine is always "Slide to Unlock" now.

8. jobsfnby macrumors regular

there is no way to change how to accept the call...if the phone is asleep then it will have the slide to answer but if its unlocked then it will have the accept or decline buttons

hope this helps

9. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Hmm, stranger and stranger. Mine does not seem to display a number in either location! Perhaps it's set in a contact that the phone thinks is the owner?

10. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Oh, OK, makes sense! Thanks! :)

Weird... :confused:

I might try taking the SIM out and putting it back in again later.

11. icewing macrumors 6502

Try scrolling up past the first contact. This only shows on the Contacts list from within the Phone app, not if you go directly to the Contacts app.