Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thsoldier

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
after buying a macbook and being completely satisfied i was thinking of buying a iphone for a few reasons

1. my phone is broke
2. i need a mp3 player for my paper round
3. i'd like to be able to check my email everywhere
4. im very sattisfied with apple products this far
5. i think a iphone and my mac go better together then just some random mp3 smartphone
6. i got a pretty big wallet in my pocket all the time so that+mp3+phone is too much, a iphone isnt that big and my wallet wil be smaller too when buying a iphone :p

but here comes the problem
i'd like to stick to pre-payed.... or at least not that much money each month, the lowest price i saw was 60$ a month wich is way too much for me....

so what do i do? buy a iphone? other phone? where can i buy one in holland (europe)
and how much is a iphone in holland? i tried to find a store on apple.com but i could only find american stores...

i would appreicitate it if somebody could at least answer one of my questions,

thanks allready, coen van schaijk

p.s. my english is kinda bad since im in a hurry now and im not native english speaker, so please ingnore the errors in my text :p

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
but here comes the problem
i'd like to stick to pre-payed.... or at least not that much money each month, the lowest price i saw was 60$ a month wich is way too much for me....

so what do i do? buy a iphone? other phone? where can i buy one in holland (europe)
and how much is a iphone in holland? i tried to find a store on apple.com but i could only find american stores...

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the iPhone is not yet available in Holland. It's possible to hack an iPhone to permit its use on other GSM phone networks, but the methods tend to require skill with dismantling the iPhone, or the purchase of some specialized SIM equipment. In any case, you'd have to find a way to import and iPhone from the US, which in and of itself can be expensive.

Hopefully soon the iPhone will be coming to Europe, but there are no announced plans yet. Sorry to not be of much help. :(

thsoldier

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
i dont know if its allowed to bump, but its always better then making a new topic, well i still had a few questions

1. iphone is comming to the UK, will i be able to import a iphone from there to here (holland/netherlands)
2. if not, how does the cracking thingy work, wich makes me able to use imported a iphone.
3. is iphone available in prepaid, and if so, does it work with a normal sim-card or something else?
4. whats the memmory i can use to store music on? can i upgrade it with micro sd or other flash cards?

thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.