Few of small worries for iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tom2893, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Tom2893 macrumors 6502

Tom2893

Tap to wake.
    Sometimes I like to just hold my phone without the screen being on. With tap to wake, everytime you hold the phone - the screens going to light up? That could be annoying

Double tap home button to bring screen down removed.
    I used this feature a lot more than I thought I would on my iPhone 6 - It will take a while to get used to always having to use both hands again.

If the phone freezes.
    You used to hold the lock button with the home button to reset. What now?

2. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

As far as if the phone freezes and you need to do a hard reboot Apple addressed this with the iPhone 7 (because it does not have a physical home button). You hold the side button and volume down button to do hard reset.

3. Goldfrapp, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017

Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Reachability feature could always come back via a software update. No big deal. They'll just have to be creative with new gestures/taps.

Tap to wake, on the other hand, is going to be annoying AF. Every time I carry iPhone 7 in my hand while playing music and the screen goes on (accidentally or whatever), my palm/fingers always tend to change volume/track. Sometimes my palm/fingers touch the tip of the volume slider at the max, and the sound explodes. Seriously, it sounds like an evil phone. With tap to wake, the problem is gonna be exacerbated.

4. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

Um, no. Just because you are holding the phone doesn't mean that you tapped it. And I doubt that the tap to wake is overly sensitive.

I'm sure another button or button combo can be pressed to reboot. I hardly see how that is an issue.

5. Tom2893 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tom2893

I hope you're right.

6. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

If it's similar to the Apple Watch it won't turn on just by holding it. I just tried it out on mine and if I put my finger on the screen and keep it there, the display doesn't turn on. Only on a tap

7. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

Well, tap to wake is not an entirely new feature; it's been on some Android phones for a while. It hasn't been an issue on those phones. Why do you think it would be an issue when Apple does it?

If it's like the Apple Watch, you have to tap fairly firmly in order to wake the screen.

8. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Millions of Android users seem to get along with it just fine.