Few ordering questions about MBP..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheStigger, Feb 8, 2010.

1. TheStigger macrumors newbie

TheStigger

Now for the moment lets just say if the new Mac book pros were available tomorrow.

1. 15inch or 17inch? This will be my main computer and ill be travelling quite a lot with it, for that reason im leaning towards a 15inch and also the saving. it will be used for graphical work PS /DW and possibly some After effects stuff
    2. What are the chances of them selling out?
    3. How long would it take to get if i ordered? Im from Uk.
    4. Just order from Apple direct or are there better deals out there?
    5. Anything else i need? Use my pc mouse ?

* disclaimer , yes im already prepared to be disappointed but i have a good feeling.

Thanks.

2. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

15"...although the 17" is only a pound heavier and had more real estate.

i owned the 15" and loved it. i move to the air because i wanted as light as possible...but i would have a 15" otherwise.

3. kyzen macrumors regular

Can't answer most of your questions, as I'm about to buy my first mac as well, but:

1 - I'd vote 15. I personally HATE big laptops. I'm waiting for a 13" one personally. If there's no refresh tomorrow, I'll buy the $800 13" Macbook (non-pro) from Microcenter, and be perfectly content with it for a few months, then pass it off to the girlfriend and buy myself a new MBP.
    3 - Probably depends if you customize it at all, or take a basic config.
    4 - probably not for a few months. Very seldomly will you find discounts on brand-new products, from any company.