Few question on Rock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jbarresi19, Aug 9, 2010.

1. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

I've asked these before but I don't think I got an answer. First when I look at rock or cydia all the things I've installed show up in both. Is there anyway to tell which was installed with which? Second being that they show in both if I were to uninstall rock would anything I installed from rock be gone? I know I installed the android lock xt from rock, so if I uninstall rock is that gone even though the android lock shows in cydia now?

2. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

You should be fine with uninstalling Rock. There are some applications that use "Rock Extension" they will uninstal with rock. the secret to keeping everything working fine with Rock installed is to never update Rock Extension on cydia, even if it shows as an update close cydia and open Rock and install the update on Rock. That has always worked for me.

3. jbarresi19 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for that....so for example with android lock xt it was only in Rock but now after installing it, it shows in both...if i uninstall rock will that android lock also uninstall?

4. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

No usually if it shows in both your ok. To be extra safe remove it with rock, if you used rock to install it. Then after deleting rock, re install in cydia.

There is a floating text message app called T-lert that is only in rock that I have and my3g is a Rock app. They use the Rockextension in some way and need it to operate and that is the piece of rock that has the conflict so if you keep them you may as well keep rock. Just remember to update those rock apps and extensions in rock and not in cydia (when available)