Few questions about 3.0 features.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SephirothXR, Jun 18, 2009.

1. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

1. How do I copy multiple pictures into mail? When I try to copy from the photo app, it only lets me copy one.

2. Is there a way to copy the LIST DIRECTIONS from Google Maps?

3. I heard that you can hide some applications into something called the spotlight. There are a lot of apps which I would like to hide from the home screen pages(where you can only access them by searching the spotlight), but how do I put them there?

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

3. you got the fact wrong, i wish it were that easy. what happens is the iphone will allow 11 pages of apps. after they are filled if you have more apps, they dont show up, but you can access them via the spotlight which is a system-wide search. so basically if you want to hid an app you could download enough apps to fill up 11 pages and then if your app to hide was on the last page, it would go away once you got enough apps

3. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

2. not that I know of

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

1. Go to the camera roll/album. Hit the arrow inside the rectangle. Choose pics. Hit Share and choose email.

2. I do not see a way to do this.

3. You have to have all 11 pages filled up and then download more apps. Therefore pushing the other apps off the 11th page and therefore hiding them. It's not really a "hide" feature but something that happens with more than 11 pages of apps.

5. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks a lot for the clarification guys, really appreciate it, I know I can always trust this place for questions about Apple products :D

One more question: When you have push on, the phone is not always checking for the notifications (which would waste battery), but whenever a text or notification is sent, it goes through apple's server, and then gets to your phone. Is the step where it goes from the server to your phone the one that wastes the battery? If I turn on push for mail, will there be a huge decrease in battery even though the phone is not actively searching for new mail? Do you guys usually have it on if it doesn't waste a lot of battery?

6. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i always have push on and i dont notice battery problems