few questions about folders in osx

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jetjaguar, Aug 30, 2009.

1. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i was in the mac store the other day and on their display models .. on the dock .. by the trash bin .. they had a few folders set up .. one for downloads .. document .. then ms office and iwork .. a folder for each .. and it just looked like a folder .. it didnt show the latest file that is in the folder .. and also when you clicked on it .. it didnt open up a menu with the files .. instead it just opened up the folder ..

anyone know how to do this ? because on my mbp .. no matter what i do i cannot get it to be the same as i saw it on the display models ?

2. mr.light macrumors 6502

try right click on the stack and choose "view as Folder"

3. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

4. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

is there a way that when you click on the folder it opens up the dir in finder ?? instead of always opening up a mini menu ?? i only saw 3 options ?

5. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

6. mr.light macrumors 6502

you have to choose "open in Finder" each time. There may be a script to do that. Or perhaps a way to change it using terminal but these are not areas that I hold much knowledge in and don't like to mess with. Sorry. I actually prefer the way the folder in the dock works. Once you choose your document the window closes and does not clutter the desktop.