Few Questions about Iphone Plans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by droalex, May 29, 2008.

1. droalex macrumors member

Hi I'm really interested in buying a Iphone, but I don't like the monthly plans costs. I don't really need 450 minutes a month, I can be happy with 150-200.

Are there any other plan choices? I will be a new AT&T customer aswell.

Lets say I unlock it will it be cheaper plans once I go with T-mobile. I will also be a new T-mobile customer aswell. Will I still have data plans with T-mobile.

One last question, Is it possible just to Jailbreak the Iphone without unlocking it?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you unlock it, you can use any AT&T or T-Mobile plan you want, basically.

Yes, you can get data with T-Mobile.

But T-Mobile doesn't really have any 200 mins / month plans. I guess you could possibly get a prepaid / PAYG account with either AT&T or T-Mobile.

And finally, yes, you can jailbreak it without unlocking it using most of the standard tools.

3. droalex thread starter macrumors member

Will I need to unluck it to use a prepaid service from T-mobile or AT&T?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Check out Go Phones with AT&T, and you can still work out a data plan, I'm just not sure the total cost per month. Check it out online att.com should answer your questions about Go Phones. No Contract.

5. droalex thread starter macrumors member

I know there isn't any contracts. I meant like how do you get Pay as you go with the Iphone? I thought it was contract only.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Go to att.com and click wireless, then click Go Phones, and then click on the Go Phone Plans, starting at $29.99 a month, without a yearly contract.

7. droalex thread starter macrumors member

Yes I know that, but they dont offer a Iphone option.....

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The system for the iPhone may be rigged still so that PAYG is only offered if you fail a credit check to get a postpaid account. There used to be some hacks around this that you could find by googling; otherwise you could certainly unlock it and use any Go Phone plan that had the features you want.

9. droalex thread starter macrumors member

I just looked at the Go plans and there overpriced I'm better off paying the normal plan.

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

11. droalex thread starter macrumors member

Yeah $30 for the minutes +$20 for data...lol guess I'm gonna pay $60 a month

12. droalex thread starter macrumors member

What are the pay as you go prices if you got bad credit for the Iphone?

13. droalex thread starter macrumors member

One last thing I need confirmation, if I unlock my Iphone, I can use the pay as you go option right, the 25 cents per minute one and also get a data plan with it?

14. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

After taxes and everything, the "normal" iPhone plan will run about $70 a month.

Be advised though that unlocking the phone carries risks. I personally wouldn't do it but that's up to you.

15. droalex thread starter macrumors member

Do you know if this is possible?

So $70 a month thats $840 a year =/

16. droalex thread starter macrumors member

Sorry another question, how fast is wireless internet? Where there isn't any hotspots? Is it atleast usable?