Few questions about jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Furifo, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Furifo macrumors 6502

This is my first time jailbreaking and so I apologise if the answers to these questions are obvious.

I'm on an iPhone 4 running 5.0.1 and plan on using the recently released untethered JB.

My questions:

1) I'm performing a full iTunes backup before I JB. If I decide that I don't enjoy the benefits of JBing, and restore my phone through iTunes, will Apple know about my previous JB? I wouldn't really want to let my AppleCare go to waste.

2) I am JBing mainly for the plethora of customisation tweaks that are available through Cydia and have no interest at all in downloading cracked apps. Alot of devs have worked hard on their apps and it's not fair to them if people just go and steal them.

I wish to continue downloading apps from the App Store. Will I be able to back these up to iTunes? If I do this and then restore my phone from an iTunes backup that I made while my phone was jailbroken, will Apple know that certain apps that I legitimately purchased were downloaded onto a phone that was currently jailbroken?

2. labman, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012

labman macrumors 604

labman

1 (no your safe)
    2 we don't support cheating Dev either so your fine..
    3 yes you can use cydia and still buy apps in the app store I do it all the time. you back can back up apples apps in Itunes no problem. use pkgbackup (paid) and appbackup (free) to backup cydia apps.

even though this says up to 4.3.3 basic info is still worth reading..
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=983491

3. jesuispizza macrumors regular

1) No

2) Yes. No.

4. Furifo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help, guys.

I'm jailbroken and I am loving the fantastic customisation options and tweaks that are now available to me!

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you decide to wipe the jb for an apple appointment, you'll need to restore in itunes and set up as new. Your backups will have bits and pieces of your jb and might be detected by apple.