Few questions about Logic Pro X

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Drew017, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

I recently got Logic Pro X for my 2013 MBA for recording, and I have just a few questions:

- Whenever I bounce a full multitrack recording the volume level is much too low. I'm assuming this is because I normalize the audio, and although I'm pleased with the quality of the sound, I just want a little more volume. What is the easiest way to fix this? I was thinking possibly using a peak limiter on my master track or even on individual tracks, but I'm not sure how to set that.

- When I turn flex time on, is there a way to get the track to automatically line up with the tempo I set for the project other than me manually fixing every incorrect section?

- When I record a project, I always give myself a few measure of a count in, and when I bounce the master track this always ends up in the audio file. I know this has something to do with the start time, but I'm not sure how to edit that within the program.

- Also, what is a good place for me to read up on the best ways to master a multitrack recording in Logic Pro?

Please forgive my ignorance :p I really like using Logic and am very pleased with the quality of the program. Thanks! ;)

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

3. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

Thanks! I'll go through it.