few questions about macbook 13" just got it.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vong, Apr 18, 2010.

1. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

1. how do i get the MACINTOSH HARD DRIVE onto my desktop? lol

&

2. my battery reader thingy says i got like 7 hours? with +2 brightness. thought it supposed to be near 10 hours (just doing websurfing,itunes,adium)

2.5 should i calibrate it asap?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Preferences > General > Show these items on Desktop
    [​IMG]

2. Applications / Utilities / Activity Monitor gives you the actual CPU usage, which is independent of brightness. Select to SHOW ALL PROCESSES and sort by CPU what uses up the CPU. If you browse the web, Flash content uses up some CPU cycles. Either use ClickToFlash for Safari or also use the HTML 5 Beta for YouTube.

3. Yes.

4. MRoogle, link in the picture below and in plenty of signatures, finds you many answers, even ones you just asked.

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

3. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

[​IMG]

EDIT: Never mind...I'm too slow ;)

4. Coldmode macrumors regular

1. Click on Finder, go to Preferences, in the General Tab there is a list of things you can have show on your desktop.

2. Battery life is always less in practice than companies report, except apparently for the iPad. You can try calibrating it, but 7 hours isn't bad. When the hell are you going to be 10 hours without a plug, anyhow?