Few questions about Macbook Pro Alu

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Orthank, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Orthank macrumors newbie

I received my new Macbook Pro Aluminum one week ago. That is my first Mac computer, so probably I am just unfamiliar with some things, but I have questions:
    1) When the computer is working and I am lifting it up, or just taking it on the right side with my hand, I hear unfamiliar sound like something is "clicking" inside, a bit like when hard-drive stops, but nothing freezes, everything works, just that sound. What could it be?
    2) When I am playing games in WinXP SP3, with newest mobility drivers from official Nvidia web-site installed, game could just suddenly quit to desktop. It happened with Far Cry 2 and Crysis. Do you think those are driver issues or overheating? Because it happens more often when computer is on my knees and when I am using trackpad.
    3) Sometimes, when I boot into Mac OS, my touchpad doesn't respond to Secondary Click (with 2 fingers), until I go to System Preferences and uncheck and check that "Secondary Tap" in trackpad settings. What could it be?
    4) Also, when I am playing Far Cry 2 on WinXP I hear strange pitch-noises appearing randomly, while I am moving, or shooting. After approximately 5-10 mins of game they eventually dissapear... ?
    5) Is Win Vista more stable on Mac than XP? Overally I mean?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

1. That would be your hard drive parking its heads so that it doesn't destroy itself.
    2. Driver issues.
    3. Weird. My only suggestions are rather silly.
    5. Heck, no. Windows 7 is even nice, but still nowhere as stable. You should look into actually using OS X.

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

listen to Tally, he knows best.

seriouly what is the use of buying an expensive MBP, and not using the OS that came with it??

4. Orthank thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't judge from questions, I am using OS X for 95% of time, just for games I need Windows :) And there I have some issues...

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

haha well judging by your questions aimed at XP it shows how good (or bad) it is doesnt it :p