Few questions about my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geoff., Apr 28, 2010.

1. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Okay so I'm posting this off my 5 day old iPhone 3GS. 1. I have to Charge my phone everynight is this normal? It usualy has around 30-40 percent battery left when I go to charge it every night. And 2. Can a case effect my wifi signal? I have a White silicone case on the phone that covers it complety but obviouly leaving gaps for the camera earpierce etc. I find that my wifi signal isn't great with the case on. Thanks

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Search

Battery life lots of useful info already posted. do you find you wifi signal is better with the case off? if so I loose the case! ;) also hard to tell you about your personal battery use with out you posting info about that. nobody knows how much your phone is used but you.

3. Geoff. thread starter macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Yeah with the case on it seems to stay at the highest bar the most while with it on it seems to drop up n down more often. Regarding battery life i constantly text, I play some games, try out new apps n listen to my music oh n I'm on the web alot. I've followed apples tips on helping battey life already

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You have great battery life. Charging every night is just how it is with an iPhone.

5. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

charging every night is pretty normal
    the case, especially if its silicon and not "metal", shouldnt affect wifi signal

6. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

If you battery is at 30% by the time you get to bed, you have an AWESOME battery!

No Joke...

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Yeah, your battery is pretty good.

I text constantly, and use the phone for about 45 minutes total every day until I have to charge it (Less than 15%). [It's usually around 9:30-10 anyways, so I don't mind].

Even if your iPhone says it has 1 bar out of 3 for Wi-Fi, it really is a decent signal. Mine has a case, and it doesn't affect wi-fi at all.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Seriously.

My phone is close to dying at about 5 PM every day. I charge in the car on the way home. That gets it up to 75% which I end up mostly using up by the time I go to bed.

So I pretty much charge twice a day.

9. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

10. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Mine is at 20% by about 4 with little use at school, but i have little to no service in my school so its constantly searching. So that could be why. But as soon as i get home i charge it up a little and use it until i go to sleep and leave it over night.

So i'm like you, 2 charges a day.

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

That is definitely why. If you really don't get anything you should consider airplane mode. The phone lasts FOREVER with that on. (As do the iPod Touches.) It's amazing to see just how much power goes to those radios if you ever play around with Airplane Mode.

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

He should be in airplane of turn 3G off. Also, if he has wifi on, turn that off.

13. mantan macrumors 68000

Welcome to the iPhone. Most users I know have a charger in the car and at the office. It's just not a device you can plan on using all day and charging at night unless you are a very light user.

Everybody I know loves it, but the battery life sucks.

14. Tu13es macrumors regular

For me, turning off Push seems to double my battery life. YMMV.

15. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Lol, my 3G and WiFi is always on too haha. Ill try airplane mode tomorrow and see how it works out.

16. Geoff. thread starter macrumors 6502

Geoff.

I don't think my battery is awesome I think it's just that the phone is brand new. Charging twice a day does not sound good at all. How long did it take your batteries to get like that ? Hopefully not to quick :/