Few Questions About the Mac Repair Service

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Unprocessed1, May 20, 2009.

1. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

I've read the Apple Terms and Conditions, but they really don't cover everything, and I have a few questions -- all based on when you must pay Apple to repair a product (out of warranty or accidental)

1) When is the actual payment to Apple required (before they ship it back or a certain timeframe following the shipment of your repaired product)?

2) What methods of payment can you make (especially paypal)?

The reason I ask is because insurance is covering the expenses so the timing of the payment is critical.

2. Blackjack07 macrumors member

Blackjack07

Did you give apple a call? Customer service would be able to give you the correct answer.

gl

B07

3. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

A bit too late to call right now (I can't believe I didn't think of these things earlier), and I already sent them the mac, so I don't want a huge surprise tomorrow when they demand $800, lol.

If anyone knows that would be great, if not, looks like I have to hope Apple lets you pay after they ship a product back to you, which their terms kind of say they do, but I find it a little hard to believe.

4. Blackjack07 macrumors member

Blackjack07

Where do you think they get refurbs from? :)

I find it hard to believe that they dont even let you know how much the repairs will cost, before they ask you to even repair it.

Let me know, I'm interested!
    B07

5. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Yeah talk about consistency:

1st Apple store: $800+
    2nd Apple store (diff. state) : $430
    Apple Call Center: $0.00 on the shipping info -- no estimate, and I told them the damage is accidental!!

6. Blackjack07 macrumors member

Blackjack07

I hope for you that it will either be option 2 or they just repair everything free.

I broke my digital camera by smacking into the truck when riding in the back (nikon, about 120$ in the day), but because it was in my pocket when it got smashed, it didnt show any damage on the outside, so they blaimed it on something else and got me a brand new baby!

SO anyways...

Lets hope for the best!

B07

7. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Make sure that you have all your data backed up. Before you send it and take photos also. Just in case it comes back with damage and they deny it